Chapter 19

Mario POV

I picked up my phone from the night stand and checked the time for what felt like the hundredth time tonight. It's going on 3:00 am and Jasmine still isn't home. I tried calling her but got no answer. I tried calling her security but yet, no answer. I called the club and they said they're closed and nobody else is in the club.

I've basically just been waiting for a call from her or somebody telling me my wife is alright. I'm not sleeping...I can't sleep without knowing she's ok.

I unlocked my phone and called Anthony. I hope she is at his crib at least.

"Wassup man?"

"Aye, you heard from your sister? She ain't home from the club yet and the club already closed."

"Uhm....no. She didn't call me or come over here. She ain't picking up her phone?" He asked.

"Nah man. I think I'm about to just stop by possible places she could be." I said, sitting up in bed.

I got up and grabbed a plain white shirt, putting it on.

"Alright man. Call me when you find her." he said.

"Alright." I hung up, slipping my phone into the pocket of my joggers.

I slid on my Nike slides before grabbing my car keys from the desk. It's a good thing that Lori is having a sleepover with Ace tonight so I don't have to worry about her.

I jogged down the stairs and quickly left the house. I unlocked my car and got in. Before I could start driving, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I looked at the caller I.D. and it was an unsaved number. That could never be good, especially right now. I answered the phone with hesitation.

"Hello."

"Hello, is this Mario Ramirez?" A lady asked through the phone.

"Yes, who is this?" I asked as I pulled out of my driveway and through the open gate.

"This is Dr. Smart from St. Mary's Hospital. I have Jasmine Jean under my care right now. She was brought here at approximately 12:00 am. She was barely conscious when she was brought here but she is better and awake now. She's been asking for you." My heart just dropped. How did she end up in the hospital? Where the fuck is the security!?

"I'm on my way." I said then hung up. I started speeding on the highway towards the hospital. I dread having to hear what happened to Jasmine.

..............................

"What room is Jasmine Jean in?" I asked the lady at the front desk. She wasn't paying much attention until she actually looked at me and her eyes just lit up.

Getting in here was a whole different war because there is paparazzi crowding the entrance. I bet these nosy ass nurses tipped them off. That shots annoying especially since this is a private family matter.

"Oh gosh, you're Mario Ramirez. Like THE Mario Ramirez." she said starting to fan girl.

"Can you just tell me the room number please. I don't have time for games." I snapped. She slightly frowned before typing things into the computer.

"Room a-47. Just down the hall and on your right." she said point to double doors. I thanked her before walking in that direction.

Once I got to the room, the doctor was in the room speaking to Jasmine. I quietly entered the room, still getting the attention of the doctor and Jasmine.

"Baby," I mumbled. I bent down and held Jasmine tightly in my arms.

"You're hurting me." she groaned. I frowned and let go of her. That's when I noticed all the bruises on her and some on her face.