Chapter Seventeen

Harry's POV:

"So, what's this idea?" Harry asked.

It was just after dinner and the blonde had dragged Harry back to the defence room, much to the latter's confusion. The blonde walked into the room and seemed to be thinking of something when a few bottles of fire whiskey appeared on the floor next to Draco.

"Yes!" Draco said enthusiastically, "I thought that would work! Now come on."

The blonde pulled Harry up the flights of stairs and into their flat. Draco put the bottles on the table in the living room and sat down on the sofa, motioning for Harry to do the same.

"So I guess getting drunk is your brilliant idea?" he asked amusedly as he sat on the opposite side of the sofa.

"Of course Harry," the blonde responded smiling, "what else would we do?" Draco summoned two glasses and poured them both a decent amount of fire whiskey, "Drink up!"

With that, both boys downed their drinks. Harry, who has never had fire whiskey before, nearly choked from the burning sensation that came afterwards. They had another glass and sat in comfortable silence until Draco finally spoke.

"So Harry, how did you even figure out the whole Expelliarmus thing in the first place?"

"Oh, that! Yeah, I just found out because I did what you had done in the defence room." He replied nonchalantly.

"What do you mean?" Draco asked sounding curious.

"Well, one day I lost control of my emotions and therefore my magic. So, when I cast the spell, it did more than it should have. I asked everyone I could why it happened. However, everyone told me I must have used some other spell because it 'just wasn't possible'" Harry said, obviously mimicking Dumbledore's voice, "Anyways, I ended up realising that you can alter spells and everything clicked into place after that. It was fairly easy really."

"If it was easy, then why haven't people figured it out already?" Draco asked, sounding confused.

"I dunno," he responded simply, with a shrug of his shoulders. "Another drink?"

The two smiled at each other and downed another drink when Harry remembered that he had wanted to ask something, "Oh hey, how did your dinner with Narcissa go last night?"

The blonde blushed deeply, making Harry extremely curious. He should blush more often, Harry thought, he's really quite adorable... Wait, what!? Since when is he adorable? Harry shook off the thoughts and paid attention to what the blonde in question was saying.

"Oh, you know... It went well." The blonde said, still blushing a deep red.

Harry, blushing himself now due to his previous thoughts and said, "Really... So what did you talk about?" Harry asked, hoping to get the blonde to keep blushing. He wasn't disappointed.

Draco smiled, filled their glasses up again and said, "I'm not that drunk Harry."

Though Harry didn't understand, he let it drop and focused more on the smile Draco was directing his way. Harry let Draco fill up his cup again and continued to drink the fire whiskey.

~~~~~~~

Draco's POV:

"Hey Harry," Draco started after they had finished a bottle and a half between the two of them, "what's your favourite colour?"

"What?" Harry asked, amused. "Why do you want to know that?"

"I dunno, just making conversation." He replied, having a hard time saying the last word.