Chapter Sixteen

Harry woke up the next morning to someone jumping excitedly on his bed and calling his name. That someone ended up being Draco.

"What do you want?" Harry mumbled into his pillow.

Draco, apparently not getting the memo, continued bouncing on the bed.

"It's time to get up Harry! It's time to start my training." When Harry only mumbled for him to go away, Draco continued his relentless pestering, "Oh come on Harry! It's only six o'clock! Besides, you promised!"

"Eugh!" Harry said, rolling over to face the blonde. In truth, he hadn't had any intentions of getting up. That was at least until he saw the excited look on the other boy's face. The blonde looked so happy, smiling openly and Harry found himself not wanting to ruin such a brilliant smile.

"Fine," Harry said, "I'm getting up."

He was rewarded with a breathtakingly gorgeous smile that he couldn't help but return.

"Thanks so much, Harry! I can't wait to get started! What will you be teaching me first? Will it be hard? Will I be able to do it? Come on Harry, get up already!" Draco said extremely fast.

"Woah! Slow down there, I need to shower first! Then we'll go to the practice room" Harry said while getting out of bed, "I think that we'll start with something simple for the first lesson."

"Oh? And what might that be?" The blonde asked, confused.

"You'll see."

~~~~~~~

Draco's POV:

"Expelliarmus?" Draco asked, having just been told by Harry what he was going to be taught, "I know you said simple, but I can already do that spell! I've done it before I even started going to Hogwarts! I mean, it's helpful and all, but shouldn't I be learning, you know, real spells?"

"Don't underestimate the spell, Draco." Harry said seriously, but then he rolled his eyes and said, "Anyways, I figured you had learned it before, but tell me, what does the spell actually do?"

"That's easy, it takes the wand out of the opponent's hand, of course." He responded, smugly.

"Wrong" Harry said casually while taking a seat on a chair which had appeared before him in the practice room.

Draco was beyond confused at this point. What does he mean 'wrong'? Draco wondered, That's what I've been told my whole life. It's what every book, every teacher has ever told me. Hell, I've performed the spell myself! I should know what it does! As Draco thought everything over, Harry remained silent in his chair with an amused look on his face as he watched Draco struggle for the answer. Eventually, Draco came to the conclusion that Harry was just crazy.

"Harry, the both of us have done this spell before and we both, therefore, know that it does, in fact, cause the opponent's wand to fly out of his/her hand," Draco said slowly, as though that might make the raven-haired boy understand.

Instead of realising that he was wrong like Draco had expected, however, Harry simply gave a small laugh before saying, "Oh, you were correct about that Draco, but there is one thing that seems to always be overlooked when teaching spells."

"What is that?" Draco asked, highly curious about what Harry had to say.

"Everyone seems to forget to mention the fact that wizards make the spells, rather than the spells making the wizard," Harry said.

Draco thought that one through for a while before saying. "I don't believe I entirely understand what you mean."

Harry motioned for him to sit down on a chair that had just appeared across from him. Once he sat down, a table appeared as well and Harry poured a cup of hot chocolate for himself. After a long pause, in which Draco assumed Harry was gathering his thoughts, the teen in front of him finally spoke.