Chapter Twelve

'He turned his head to see Malfoy staring back at him. "Malfoy! You're awake!"'

"How long have I been in here?" Malfoy asked.

"Um... Three days now." Harry responded.

"Three days!?" Draco exclaimed. "Wait, why are you here Potter?"

Before Harry could answer, however, Madame Pomfrey came bursting in. "Oh Mr. Malfoy! Good, good! Tell me, how are you feeling?" She asked while checking the potions and spells.

"I'm well... I feel pretty light-headed and..." Malfoy didn't finish the sentence, though. He looked to Harry again questioningly.

Harry of course knew why the blonde hadn't finished his sentence. He knew Malfoy was going to say 'weak', but that he had stopped himself because he didn't want others to think of him as that.

"Tired?" Harry finished for him. Malfoy gave him a grateful smile.

"Yeah," he said, "tired."

"Well," Madame Pomfrey began, "that's normal. You haven't eaten solid food in three days. Nutrition potions can only do so much. You won't be able to eat anything solid until the nutrition potion has run out. Which should be in... about, hmm... four hours. Then you can eat. You'll have to stay in the Hospital Wing for a bit, I'm afraid. You haven't completely healed." Pomfrey finished switching about potions and then said, "Well, I'll leave you two to talk."

She went to leave, but Malfoy stopped her. He motioned for her to come closer and when she did, he whispered something to her. It was too low for Harry to hear, but Madame Pomfrey straightened up with a large frown on her face before answering. "I'm sorry Draco, but you already have the limit of potions I can give someone... I truly am sorry." With that, she left behind a highly disappointed Malfoy and a confused Harry to go back to her office.

"What was that about?" Harry asked.

"It's nothing, don't worry about it... So, what exactly are you doing here Potter?"

Realizing Malfoy didn't want to talk about it, Harry let the topic drop and instead answered the blonde's question. "I'm the one who found you."

"F-found m-m-me?" Malfoy stuttered.

"Yeah... I saw who did it and-"

"You What!? Malfoy exclaimed, trying to get up but instantly wincing in pain.

Harry rushed over and gently pushed the blonde back down into his previous position. "Calm down Malfoy." Harry said, trying to stop the blonde from hurting himself again. "Look, it's okay. The only other people that know are Dumbledore, Snape and Hermione."

Malfoy relaxed slightly at this so Harry sat back down. "I don't have to explain to them what happened do I? Because I don't think I can."

"I don't think so." Harry responded, "I gave Dumbledore my memory of that night so they don't really need that much more."

"Why did you give them a memory?"

"Because I didn't want to explain it a thousand times."

"How many people are going to be able to see it!?" Malfoy asked in a panic.

"Don't worry!" Harry said quickly, "I made Dumbledore promise that he'd only show it to someone else if absolutely necessary."

"Why would you do that?" Malfoy asked, shocked.

"Because I figured you wouldn't want people to see you like that... And I thought you probably didn't want to be pitied because of it." Harry said quietly.