Chapter 42

Zayn's POV 

     "Zayn? What's wrong?" She asks.

     "Nightmare," I say as I pull Ari in for a hug. Embracing her as much as I can. She accepts, and hugs me back.

     "Zayn?"

     "Yes?"

     "Please explain to me what this whole mess is about? Everyone seems to know me and I don't know a thing about them. We are in some complete strangers flat and 'Harry' says he is my boyfriend and I-I'm just confused," she blurts out. Wow. She's been holding that in for a while.

      Should I tell her everything or just push it aside...? Push it aside. It's for the better, right? I mean, if I tell her, who knows what would happen. Might as well not risk anything and just distract her.

     "Ari, that's not what matters right now. Just know that it will all make sense in a matter of time," I say, mentally praising myself for the quick excuse. There is a long silence. Not an awkward one, but a comfortable silence that I share every time I spend time like this with Ari... Or at least, used to.

     She breaks it by saying urgently, "Kiss me!"

     "What? Ari I can't d-"

     "Zayn just kiss me please!" What? Did I just hear this right? I can't kiss her. That'd crush Harry and I can't do that to him again, especially when Ari won't remember it....

     Wait...? Maybe this is my chance to let it all out, Ari won't remember a thing. My thoughts are interrupted by Ari crashing her lips into mine. At first I'm taken aback and startled but I remind myself that this may be the last time I share a kiss with Ari, and she won't be fighting me away. So I decide to kiss her back. She feels desperate and needy. I don't know why but the kiss has a mirror effect on me.

     I hold her tiny waist as the kiss gets more and more passionate. I stop as I realise what I'm doing.

I'm kissing Ari.

Ari is Harry's boyfriend.

Harry is my best friend.

I just helped my best friend's girlfriend cheat on him with me. And she doesn't even know a thing.

     I push Ari away, uneasy about what I feel right now. I'm a selfish, scummy, awful person. I crushed my best friend and my chances of ever trying to fix things with Ari in our friendship. All because my ego got in the way.

A/N: Call the love doctor because Zayn is just all over the place with his emotions, isn't he. Poor guy. What's your guys' thoughts on what you think is going to happen? I would love for you to tell me in the comments!

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! PLEASE REMEMBER THAT!!! AND I HOPE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO PRACTICALLY LIVES OFF FANFICTION!!!❤