Chapter 12

Harry's POV 

     Does she still want to stay with me though? I didn't want to overwhelm her with the question though. Does she think I can protect her?

      My thoughts get interrupted by her saying, "Harry?"

      "Yes," I say.

      "Can you sing me to sleep please?" She asks.

     "Of course," I say gracefully. She smiles and slowly closes her eyes while I sing her, 'Isn't she lovely.' She quickly falls asleep after I'm done singing. I sit with her all night. She does wake up a few times but I tell her to go back to sleep and get some rest.

     I text the boys, 'The surgery went great! Sorry I forgot to text you, it has been a lot! We will be out of here around noon!!' They all reply with, okays, thanks, see you soons, and best wishes. I fall asleep around 10.

     I wake up next to Ari, I'm still in the very uncomfortable chair. I never left her side. She wakes up from me moving my arm accidentally. She pops up, smiling at me.

     "What time is it?" She says eager to get out of the hospital.

     I check my phone, "It's about 9:30," I say giggling at her excitement. I was excited too. But I was even more excited for the fact that she was excited.

     "AHHH! Can you get the doctor? I want to see if we can leave yet?" She asks.

     "Uhm sure but I wanted to ask you something first," I say. She tilts her head questioningly. "Did you still want to stay with me? Even after?" I ask.

      "Absolutely! Only if I am welcome though," she says 

Ari's POV 

     Harry asks me if I still want to stay with him. Of course I do. I just hope he wants me to stay with him after all that has happened. When I respond with, "Absolutely! Only if I am welcome though," his face lights up.

     "You are more than welcome, love," he says. I am relieved and I grab him to give him a gentle kiss. Harry leaves to go ask the doctor when we can leave. He gets back a couple of minutes later. Harry casually walks back into the room.

     "We have to wait a few more hours," he says. I sigh.

     We wait for about an hour and a half until we are allowed to leave. Harry had brought me some clothes so I got dressed as soon as I could. He gave me my purse and I put my makeup on. He puts his head down as I do this, and he takes a deep breath.

     "Ari, you don't need that," he says.

     "Harry please. If it makes me feel better about my insecurities than can you not," I say feeling a little bad on how I approached it. He walks up to me and puts his hands around my waist as he kisses my forehead.

      "Of course I can, I just want to let you know that you are gorgeous without it," he says. I smile and kiss him on he lips.

     While Harry is checking out I ask him if I can go start the car.

    "Absolutely not!! Jarred is still out there and I can't take any chances," he says. I am jumping around ready to leave. As Harry turns the paperwork in, I grab his hand and we leave. We get in the car and drive.

     We stop in front of a little cafe. "What are we doing here Harry?" I ask.

     "We are finally going to have our first date. With everything that has happened I think we need to forget everyone else and worry about ourselves. What better place to do that then the place you said you would come home with me. One of the best nights of my life," he says. I smile a bright smile.

     He opens the door for me and I get out. It was Jem Cafe, where he took me after I found out Jarred cheated on me. We walk in and it feels great. Like time has stopped and it's only the two of us.

      Harry pulls my chair out for me and says poshly, "And what would this beautiful girl want to drink?"

     "My good sir I would like a hot chocolate," I say giggling.

     Harry laughs too and he goes to order our drinks. I look out the window of the cafe and see a tall figure. Someone familiar. He looks at me from across the street through the window and turns his head questioningly with a smirk. 'Oh no.'