Ziam - A Greater Force

ZIAM!

Prompt: Zayn and Liam live in the same complex and depend on each other a lot.... They need each other more than they realize, and then one of them leaves. (This is a bad summary. Just...read the oneshot, okay?)

This is just something I thought of the other day, and I wanted to write it.

This is all me. ^_^

____________________________________________________________________________

Their friendship evolved out of necessity, like they were pulled together by a greater force. It just so happened that their apartments were so close, so easy to access for one another. Zayn couldn’t cook worth shit, and Liam couldn’t fix anything in his house that broke. It was perfect. Even when Zayn didn’t come and ask Liam to cook, Liam would head over to Zayn’s apartment anyway, the well known oak door labeled 5E in front of him, and he would knock three times. Zayn would always answer, and give Liam a quick smile, pulling him inside.

            Liam didn’t mind cooking for Zayn every day, he really didn’t. Both of them were lonely, Liam a uni student living on his own, and Zayn a part time clerk at the local general store. They enjoyed each other’s company, but not in a way that normal teenage boys would. Liam felt as though they were too reliant on each other sometimes. He often wondered what would happen if he went on vacation. Would Zayn starve? It seemed like a silly thought, but he couldn’t help thinking it. Zayn just seemed to crave Liam and everything that came along with him.

            “What do you want for dinner?” Liam asked one night when Zayn answered the door. Zayn just shrugged and grabbed Liam’s hand, pulling him into his apartment, “Have you been to the grocery recently? Last time I tried to make something there was barely any food in the apartment,”

            “Yeah,” Zayn smiled, falling down onto his couch, “Go look at the kitchen. I stocked it up for you,”

            So Liam headed into the kitchen, trying to find something good to make—they had only been eating pasta for the past few days. He finally decided on grilled teriyaki chicken and got to work, making green beans and potatoes for the sides.

            “Smells like fucking heaven,” Zayn admitted, walking into the kitchen minutes later.

            “Thanks,” Liam smiled, “So, how was work?”

            “Good,” Zayn shrugged, “Just like normal, Li. How were classes today?
            “Like normal,” Liam mocked with a smile, “Still passing all of them,”

            “Well, that’s good to know,” Zayn chuckled, “So, almost to graduation. Then what? We haven’t talked about what happens after,”

            “Well, I suppose,” Liam breathed as he started plating the food, “I will get a job, meet a girl, fall in love, start a family,”

            “You don’t sound so sure,” Zayn said, biting his lip. He didn’t like the thought of Liam moving away and dating some girl. He wasn’t sure why, but he didn’t like it. This friendship seemed too needy to simply disappear.

            “It may not be exactly like that,” Liam continued, grabbing the plates and handing one to Zayn as they walked to the table, “But, something along those lines, you know? I just want to be happy, live a simple life, a happy life,”

            “No big dreams?” Zayn asked, because Liam seemed like the kind of guy who wanted something big, not just some ‘normal life’.