Ziam - You See My Life Burning Out

ZIAM!

Prompt: Zayn is put in a juvenile detention center and such. It's really good I think. Please read it? I worked really hard. It is a little bit like "I'm Among the Destruction" But I think I might like this better. Plus it's Ziam so.....

^_^

xx 

PLEASE READ.

___________________________________________________________________________

            Zayn kills his father when he is twelve, and cornered in the side of the bathroom as he is almost beat unconscious. All he does really, is pull out his pocket knife to defend himself, his father does the rest—lunging for Zayn and impaling himself on the glistening blade. Zayn cries and screams after that, hating himself but hating his father more. And when his aunt comes over the next day the police show up soon after and take him away.

            “I didn’t do anything wrong,” Zayn explains, but there is still no mercy in anyone’s eyes as they take him away and put him in a cop car. Zayn cries and tells them that his father was hurting him and he didn’t know what to do, but they still don’t listen to him. In fact, they don’t even stop the car until they arrive at a cement building. Zayn cries harder and then a police officer grabs his arms and whispers, “You don’t want to cry in here, do you understand? They will destroy you if you cry,”

            And Zayn nods, even though he doesn’t understand why as they lead him into the building. As soon as he steps inside they make him strip down to nothing, only his whitey tighties—as he is only twelve years old. It’s freezing and he wraps his arms around himself as they give him a pair of khakis and a lavender purple polo which he slips over his head and immediately feels a little bit better.

            “My name is Mr. Gavin, and I’m in charge of this floor. Welcome to the X-ward. This is the ward for all of our felony kids.” A nice looking man says. Zayn looks around and notices he is the only one wearing purple. Everyone else is wearing a different colored shirt. “Some guards will call you by your color since they don’t bother to memorize names. You are purple, remember that,” Zayn nods and feels like crying, but he remembers the words that the police man had told him and he bites his lip. “Right now we are on recreation time. Enjoy,”

            And then Zayn is left alone in the all white and concrete rooms, surrounded by kids who burned things for fun and killed animals, and destroyed people’s lives. Zayn doesn’t understand what he is supposed to do because he doesn’t feel like he belongs here, but a blonde boy about his age comes over and suggests that they play cards. He is wearing a red polo, “Da name’s Niall,” he says.

            “It’s nice to meet you,” Zayn whispers.

            “You seem kinda quiet fer a kid who killed his dad,” Niall smirks, shuffling the cards in his hands was they sit at a white plastic table in the corner of the room. Zayn swallows and takes a deep breath, trying not to think about it, “Lemme introduce you to da others,”

            “Others?”       

            And then there are two other boys walking over to us, one in pink with curly brown hair and the other in light blue, his hair also brown, but feathery and wispy. They sit next to Niall and Zayn and smile widely. Zayn thinks they look like normal boys, not ones that deserve to be in a place like this.

            “Meet Louis and Harry,” Niall smiles, “Me best mates,”

            Zayn nods at them and scoots out his chair, “I think I’ll just go sit over there,”