Niam - Love, Anonymous

NIAM!

Prompt: Someone is leaving Niall anonymous food baskets on his front door step, and the blonde is suddenly very insterested and curious about who it is. It's not Zayn, or Louis, or Harry. So that leaves Liam. ;)

xx

________________________________________________________________________

 Niall loved his food. Everyone knew it. And there was no one who understood his love for snacks better than his band mates. They loved spoiling

There was a knock on Niall’s front door, and he immediately hopped up from the couch. He had been expecting Zayn for awhile, so it was no big surprise. But when he pulled open the door, he was suddenly confused. It wasn’t Zayn. In fact no one was there, only a small brown basket, filled with…food. A bunch of food.

Niall smiled to himself, grabbing the basket and walking back inside, setting it down on his table and grabbing the small card attached to it.

I thought you might like some more food. I noticed your cupboards were empty. 

-Love, Anonymous

Niall pulled his eyebrows together, a little worried, but overall, just happy he had more food. Whoever this person was knew him well, because the basket was full of his favorite food and snacks. He pulled some candy out and began to snack on it, tuning back into the TV, the back of his mind still swirling with thoughts on who could have left this basket. He figured it was one of his band mates. Who else would know him well enough to leave the most perfect basket of food ever?

There was a knock from door again, and this time, it was Zayn.

“Hey, mate,” Zayn smiled, walking into Niall’s flat and hopping onto the couch, grabbing a game controller. “Whoa, you sent you all the food?”

“I don’t know,” Niall sighed. Must not have been Zayn. “It was just…at my doorstep.”

“Any clues?” Zayn asked, reading over the tag.

“No,” Niall shrugged, “But whoever it is knows me really well. I mean, look, all my favorites,” 

“Huh,” Zayn chuckled, “Well, it wasn’t me,”

Then he reached his hand into Niall’s food, grabbing a pack of crisps.

~

The baskets didn’t stop coming. In fact, Niall continued to get more and more. His kitchen was full of food, and Niall knew that I must have cost the buyer a fortune. The question still was weighted heavily in Niall’s mind. Who was sending him all of this? He had already ruled out Zayn and Louis, only leaving Harry and Liam. But…this didn’t seem like something either of them would do. Maybe this was some stalker. Maybe Niall should be more worried, and maybe he should stop eating it. Hell, the food could be poisoned.

“Figure out any more about the food baskets?” Harry asked one day as they headed to a signing.

“No,” Niall sighed, grabbing his blonde locks. 

“Maybe this is more serious than you think,” Harry suggested, “Should we tell management?”

“No,” Liam said, biting his lip and shaking his head, “No we shouldn’t,”

“Why so worried there, Liam?” Zayn asked, sensing something a little off.

“I’m…I’m not,”

~

You’ll find out who I am soon enough. I hope you have liked these baskets.

-Love, Anonymous

Niall read over yet another tag, and he smiled, because hell, this was the largest food basket yet. He grabbed it and pulled it inside, sorting through the food and putting in the cabinets. He had saved all of the tags from the baskets, they all sat in a pile on his kitchen counter.

I love you more than you love food.

-Love, Anonymous

Hope you like the candy, it’s sweeter than you.

-Love, Anonymous

Niall, you smile is brighter than the sun. I hope this food makes you smile even more so I can see it every day.

-Love, Anonymous

Sure, they were cheesy, but Niall loved it. 

He felt a lot of emotions towards whoever was sending all of these gifts. I fonly he knew who it was.

~

“It was me,”

“What?” Niall asked, staring at his best friend.

“I said, it was me,”

Niall looked at Liam in disbelief, a smile beginning to form on his face. “You did all of this? You sent all of the food and the cheesy little notes? You signed them…Love, Anonymous?”

“Yes,” Liam bit his lip, suppressing a smile. 

“Oh,” Niall said. He knew that he wanted to hug Liam, hell, maybe even kiss him. But Liam looked put on edge by this, and Niall felt a strange tension in the air.

“I hope it didn’t freak you out,” Liam whispered, rubbing the back of his neck.

“No, no, not at all,” Niall said, reaching out and rubbing his pale hand over Liam’s jaw, “It didn’t freak me out. I loved it. I kept all the notes and everything,”

“Really?” Liam smiled, grabbing Niall’s hand and holding it to his face.

“Yes,”

Niall leaned in, his lips tracing over Liam’s stubble, “It was really nice of you,”

Liam swallowed nervously, “Did you get the message I was trying to send?”

“What? That you are in love with me? Yes, I got that message loud and clear,”

Liam then closed the distance between their lips, pressing them tightly together. Niall moaned happily, wrapping his hands around Liam’s neck and held them tighter together. 

“That was so worth 3,000 dollars,” Liam chuckled.

“What?” Niall said, pulling away and laughing, “You did not spend that much on me,”

“Oh, but I did,” Liam laughed, “You have very expensive taste in food. I had to get some of it shipped in from other countries,”

Niall blushed and chuckled again. 

“I love you,”

“I love you too,”

Days later Niall found yet another basket on his front porch, only this time, Liam was holding it with a wide smile. Niall pulled him inside and kissed him senseless.

Love, Anonymous.

________________________________________________________________________

There you go love.

Hope you like it.

xx