Niam - The Babysitter

NIAM!

Prompt:

Niall Horan, grade 11, not popular, needs a babysitter for the week his parents are away, because last time he was left alone, he set the kitchen, a.k.a. the toaster, on fire.

Liam Payne, grade 11, popular, has a babysitting job for a week, watching one of his mums friends kids.

Both hidden gays. Both with hidden crushes on each other.

Can a week turn into something small into something big?

From distant students not acknowledging each other, to friends, to possible boyfriends

Here it is!!!

____________________________________________________________________

“Mum!” Niall shouted, chasing after his mother who was currently walking around the house, packing things into her suitcase. “It was just to toaster!”

“Niall, this isn’t supposed to be a bad thing. It’s for your own safety. The last time you were alone, even for a day, the house almost went up in flames,” Niall’s mother said firmly, her hand slamming down on her suitcase and zipping it up, “They babysitter is a really nice boy, I promise, you’ll love him. And it’s only for a week, okay?”

            “You’re treating me like a child!” Niall whined.

            “That’s because you are one,” She snapped back. Right at that moment, the doorbell rang, and Niall’s mom ran off to fetch it. Niall groaned, falling back against the wall. It had only been the toaster, and it hadn’t even been much of a fire. It was more like…smoke and the smell of over burnt toast. Okay, sure, there was a spark, but nothing else caught on fire! Damn toaster. Niall was surely never going to forget that stupid little incident. He wished he could go back in time and make it so he wanted to eat pizza instead of toast. Why hadn’t he just ordered pizza in?

            “Niall,” Niall’s mom said walking into the room with a boy following behind her, “This is your babysitter for the week, Liam,”

            Niall’s eyes fell on Liam, his face beginning to burn in embarrassment. Why did it have to be him? Niall hid his face in his hands, completely horrified. Liam was the same age as him, and in quite a few of Niall’s classes at school. He also happened to be the boy that Niall had crushed on from a distance for the past two years of his life.

            “Niall?” Liam asked in amazement.

            “Oh my God,” Niall said, still not looking up, knowing that he would never live this one down.

            “You two know each other?” Niall’s mum asked, out of the loop. If Niall had been looking, he would have seen Liam nod, and then smile slightly. “Okay, well, I have to go now. Don’t want to miss the flight. I’ll be back in a week,”

            “Good-bye Mrs. Horan. I promise to take care of him,” Liam said. Niall’s mom smiled and patted Liam on the back, loving how responsible and caring he was. Then, she was gone, leaving the two boys alone.