Chapter 33

Writing this chapter gave me so many Harry feels. Ermahgod it's not even funny. I want Harry. I NEED Harry. omg

_____________________________________________

Carly’s POV:

            Dressed in my white short shorts, gold strapped sandals, and a lavender full-sleeved crop top that showed my stomach, I was ready for tonight’s concert. Allstar Weekend was just about done performing, and I was waiting to go on. My hair was curled and make up done properly by Marissa and Carter, and all I needed to do was go on stage.

            I was a bit more nervous that usual. Kris had told me that tonight’s concert was full of surprises, and left it at that. So I was dying in suspense ever since she made that little announcement, wondering what in the world could be happening at tonight’s concert. I tried talking to Harry about it, but we only got to talk briefly before he had to leave since he had a meeting with Management. So yeah, that didn’t go well.

            So here I am, standing backstage as I wait for Allstar Weekend to finish their performance. When they finally did, returning backstage as they sweat, I took my black sparkly microphone from one of the stage producers and got into position.

            Three songs later, I found myself performing Who Says, which everyone loved more than the other songs. I guess it’s because of the message of the song, saying how everyone is beautiful inside and out. The fans cheered loudly and wave around their glow sticks, singing along to the song.

            “I’m no beauty queen, I’m just beautiful me,” I sang the verse right before the first chorus. “You’ve got every right to a beautiful life, come on!”

            But just when I was about to sing the chorus, another voice beat me to it. “Who says, who says you’re not perfect? Who says you’re not worth it? Who says you’re the only one that’s hurting?”

            The crowds’ screaming grew even louder if that was possible, and I spun around to see who that was. My brown eyes widened in shock when I saw the curly haired figure singing into the microphone, wearing Converse, his black jeans that hung low at his hips, and a black Ramones T-shirt. What in the world was he doing here?

            Harry walked over to me, singing the song as I stared at him in shock and everyone screamed louder. I finally snapped out of my days and brought the microphone up to my lips, singing along with him. “Trust me, that’s the price of beauty. Who says you’re not pretty? Who says you’re not beautiful, who says?”

            I grinned as Harry sent me a wink and we walked on either side of the stage as I sang the next verse. “It’s such a funny thing, how nothing’s funny when it’s you. You tell ‘em what you mean, but they keep whiting out the truth.”

            My smile widens as Harry sings the next verse in his beautiful, raspy voice. “It’s like a work of art that never gets to see the light. Keep you beneath the stars. Won’t let you touch the sky.”

            The two of us continued the song, singing in perfect harmony as the crowd cheered us on. When the song ended and the crowd clapped and screamed, I brought the microphone up to my lips. “Give it up for Harry Styles, every body!” I grin.