Chapter 30

Carly’s POV:

            I knew me going on tour was a big toll on Harry, because it was on me as well. Harry and I had been back together for only a couple of months, and now I was being whisked away on a North American tour. Even more, the tour was three and a half months long, and we’ll be seperated throughout the entire time. But he can come and visit me once  and a while when he’s free, right?

            The boys and I were back in LA right now. I was getting ready for the tour with rehearsals and the boys were doing some photo shoots and interviews here and there. The tour was called the We Own The Night Tour, since it was titled with my third album.

            The opening act for the tour was All Star Weekend, an American band. They were actually really good. Each of them had girlfriends, I think – or so I’m hoping. I don’t need Harry freaking out about me touring with guys he doesn’t even know. Everyone knows how overprotective he gets.

            “And the last stop is going to be Mexico City,” Kris finishes off, checking something off on her paper.

            I nod, running my fingers through my hair, as a smile comes on my face. “I’m so excited for the tour,” I say.

            Kris grins. “I am too,” she says, and then looks at me. “How’d Harry take the news?”

            I bite my bottom lip. “He was upset at first, but I think he’s going to be okay with it,” I tell her.

            “He can always visit you when he’s free,” Kris reassures me.

            I nod, agreeing. “I know,” I say. “It’s just... I’m gonna miss him, you know?”

            Kris gives me a soft smile. “When you’re in this business, Carls, you have to make a lot of sacrafices, which include having to put a hold on your relationship. Last time, you were on tour with your boyfriend, but that’s not going to be the case all of the time. One Direction has their own career, and you as Carly McKinley, have your own. It’s not like you and Harry are never gonna see each other again. Trust me, your relationship is way too strong for not being together. You’ll be able to go through it. Who knows? Maybe these three and a half months will fly by quicker than you think.”

            I sit there, taking in Kris’s words. If Harry and I are strong enough, we will be able to get through these months swiftly. And I was willing to do whatever it took to do that. Harry and I had already broken up once, and I most certainly do not need that happening again. I love him too much to let something like this get in the way. It’s just a tour, after all. We’ll be fine.

            After going over some more details about the tour with Kris, I leave her office. Getting into my car, I drive back to my house, but not before going through the drive-through at McDonald’s. I order myself some chicken McNuggets with fries and a drink, and then drive back to my house. When I get there and walk in, I stop short when I see a certain boy on my couch.