Chapter 27

Carly’s POV:

            I fluttered my eyes open and squinted as the rays of sunlight escaping the curtains hit my face. Turning my body to the other side, I smiled as I see the body next to me. Harry slept peacefully next to me, his bare chest moving up and down as he took breaths. His body was turned to face mine, his plump pink lips slightly parted and eyes closed as he slept. Smiling sleepily, my left hand reached up and played with his curly hair, and Harry stirred slightly.

            Harry’s eyes opened and his sparkling green eyes met my brown ones, a smile tugging on the corner of his lips. “Morning, birthday girl,” he smiles.

            “Mor – wait, what?” I look at him, confused.

            Harry frowns. “Babe, it’s June eleventh... Your birthday?”

            My eyes widen as I look at him, sitting up. “It’s my birthday?” I ask, bewildered at this new piece of information.

            A bark of laughter escapes Harry’s lips as he sits up, looking at me. “You forgot it was your birthday?” he asks in between laughter. “Babe, your nineteen today!”

            My jaw drops as I hear him say this. It’s my birthday, and I had no idea. Who forgets their own birthday? And my nineteenth one, at that! It’s my last year as a teenager, and I completely forgot about it. I shake my head, a chuckle of disbelief escaping my lips as I ran a hand through my hair.

            “I’m nineteen,” I muse, looking at Harry.

            He grins, dimples in view. “Happy nineteenth birthday,” Harry says, leaning in and pecking my lips. “I’m just gonna go to the bathroom and change, then we’ll go down for breakfast. You wanna go first?”

            I shake my head. “Nah, you can go.”

            “Or we both can go,” Harry says with a cheeky grin.

            “Or,” I say, emphasizing the word, smirking, “you can go by yourself and I’ll go after.”

            “Kill joy,” Harry mutters before standing up and walking to the bathroom.

            I laugh as I take my phone out and turn it on, going on Twitter.

@CarlyMcKinley: Woke up this morning and totally forgot that it’s my birthday! 19 baabbyyyyy!

            I went through my mentions and saw that already fans had been tweeting me happy birthday since last night, and it brought a smile to my face. Putting my phone down, I saw Harry come out of the bathroom and I got up to go inside. I freshened up as I washed my face and brushed my teeth, before gathering my long, brown hair and putting it up in a messy bun. I was wearing my night shorts and one of Harry’s T-shirts that was really big on me, but comfortable at the same time.