Chapter 20

Sorry for the short chapters! I have big tests coming up and I gotta study. Plus I have tons of homework today and gotta go to the airport to pick up my mom. Love you guyssss.

________________________________________

Carly’s POV:

            My head throbbed and my heart hammered against my chest as I waited in front of Ashley’s hospital room. My knee kept bouncing as my upper teeth bit my bottom lip hard, tired of waiting. Not only was I as sick as a dog, but my best friend was inside, having surgery done. I was worried sick about her, and all I want is for her to be okay. I pulled my cardigan around my cold body closer to me, my arms wrapped around myself as I hugged myself to keep me warm. This stupid flu was making it impossible for me to just stand. I had a fever and a cold, but I was too stubborn to go home and rest. Ashley needs me.

            What happened to her was kind of unexpected and sudden. I had gotten an urgent call from Kristen, telling me Ashley had gotten into an accident. I panicked, immediately asking what happened. Apparently, Ashley was crossing the street from Uni to her car when suddenly another car came speeding and hit her. Ashley took a pretty hard hit, and by the time an ambulence came, she was lying on the road in a puddle of her own blood.

            I had practically dropped my phone as I rushed out of my house and to the hospital. Ashley has been my best friend for as long as I can remember, and I will probably die if something happens to her. Kristen had also contacted Ashley’s parents to let them know about it, and arranged a flight for them to come down here.

            As I waited for a doctor or nurse to walk out of the surgery room, I heard heels clacking down the hallway. Lifting my head, I saw that it was Kristen. I stood up, walking towards her. “Are Ashley’s parents coming?” I ask.

            Kristen nods. “Yeah, they’re on the plane now,” she says. Kristen then looks at me, and shakes her head. “Carly, what are you doing here? You should be resting in bed.”

            I shake my head. “No. No way, Kris. Ashley’s my best friend, I’m not leaving her.”

            “Carly, you’re sick. You have the flu,” she says. “You’re not only just hurting your health, but possibly everyone else’s around here. Please, just go to bed. I’ll stay here and I’ll text you if anything happens with Ashley.”

            I bite my bottom lip, looking at Kristen, then at Ashley’s closed hospital door, and back again. “Fine,” I say with a sigh. “I’ll leave.”

            Picking up my bag, I slipped on my sunglasses and walked out of the hospital. Getting into my car, I drove back to my house. Walking into my living room, I took off my shoes and sunglasses and sat on the couch. Coco was somewhere upstairs since I could here his small feet patting above on the floor. Sitting on the couch, I run a hand down my face, a sigh escaping my lips.

            Tears gathered in my eyes as I thought of Ashley in the hospital. All I want is for her to be okay, for her to just wake up and come home. I sniffle, partly because of my cold and partly because of how upset I was about Ashley. She just needed to be okay.