Chapter 26: Seeking Forgiveness

Happy birthday to one of the most dedicated commenter and voter of the Sold! Series, @coole9! You do know you could request me to update in special occasions, right? Unless the draft isn't ready, that is. Anyway, I finished writing the epilogue yesterday so I guess...it's coming to an end. :( anyway, just read on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|HOLLY|

Private jet, Somewhere in the boundary of Europe
June 2015

"We can't...go back to Winchester."

The plush chairs are making me anxious and the thunderstorms rolling on the distance kept me on the edge. I could remember the car crash Erica and I endured as we escaped from the palace but I kept my cool; I was fidgeting and cringing really hard as the thunder clouds fired more distressing bellows. I couldn't show weakness now, I could only pray for our safety. My baby's safety.

The lights to the jet fluctuated and I closed my eyes, counting from one to ten and backwards as the plane began experiencing turbulence, making me grip the seatbelt tighter and my knuckles whiten. When it stabilized I turned to the man who saved me, Fred, and repeated my words.

"We can't go back to Winchester. Please..."

He just stare ahead and clicked his tongue. "Sorry, love. Gotta claim my money," he said grinning at me. "You have your shit with your own problems and I saved you, now be a good girl and let me claim my reward. Man, I could milk your husband's bank account dry just by saving you."

"Shut the fùck up, Fred, and turn this plane in another direction!" Harley said as he unbuckled the seatbelt off his torso. "I'm your fùcking alpha so do what I say!"

I stared pleadingly at Fred and nodded my head at Harley's suggestion even if I'm fuming mad with him. Yes, Harley Bracken is here in the jet with me. How could we afford a jet in the first place if he wasn't there with us? Apparently, he managed to convince someone to let him borrow the jet. That convincing must have had a bit of blood shed.

Getting out of Dallas, Texas was tricky even with Harley around but it was possible. He had connections in the area and he could fight. Now don't get me wrong, when Fred and I emerged from the forest with me sobbing over Emile's lifeless body, Harley was waiting at the other side. He was naked as the day he was born and seemingly waiting for us to emerge with a car beside him. When we saw him, Fred tightened his grip on my arm and put himself between us which I'm greatly thankful for at the moment.

"Alpha," the lycan said cautiously as he eyed Harley gauging his actions. Fred's hold in his battered backpack he managed to salvage before the attack tightened signaling that his guard is up.

Instead of saying anything though, Harley just opens the door to the car and motioned us inside. "I knew you're an insider, Fred. Knew it before you could walk into the pack grounds so don't worry," he just muttered, avoiding my gaze. "Get in, I'd get you a plane so Holly would be safe."

"I don't trust you."

I felt no guilt as he cringed at my words and looked down the ground as if submitting to me. Oh look how the roles have reversed, I sneered at him through my mind but held it in. I wanted to slap him, dear god, I want to hurt him and possibly bruise him once or twice but I knew violence would lead to more violence. I decided this is the best form of torture for Harley, to let guilt eat him inside out.

"I know," he said in a whisper almost inaudible to human ears. However, he still kept the doors open waiting for me to enter the damned car.