Chapter 24: Seeing Reason

I know I'm horrible for updating late but...as they say, better update late than never right? (Hides away)

********************

|HOLLY|

My world crumbled at the sight that met me.

Aldrich drew out a pack of cigarettes and lit one casually as if he is only a guest. My blood froze in my body and my hands automatically flew to my stomach.

Why...is Aldrich here? What is he doing here in Harley's pack?

The question circled around me like a vulture stalking a dying prey while I stood there in deliberating my choices. His violet eyes crinkled in amusement and underlying menace that couldn't be missed even by the alpha standing behind me. The moment Harley got to me, he shifted his stance and pulled me behind him in a way that offered himself as a wall between Aldrich and I.

I thought Harley will attack him and shout for brethren but it was quite the opposite.

"What are you doing here so early?" My head snapped up to Harley's and my eyes widened. So early? "I'm not expecting you until midnight."

"Planning a midnight rendezvous for a criminal while your girl is asleep?" He chuckled amused. "Not a chance. I would like to see her reaction when she catches up with everything."

And just like that, my entire world went spinning down uncontrollably.

I let go of Harley's shirt I was unconsciously tugging and stepped back, my eyes staring at Harley who looked back at me. He was a devoid of emotions; there is nothing in his face that can be a determinant of what he's feeling. How could he do this to me? I asked over and over again as a snarky voice retaliated. How can he take you against your will and imprison you? He isn't the Harley you know.

Or maybe he just pretended all the way.

"How could you betray me like this?" I asked as fear came rippling inside me, making my limbs weak and my heart pump faster. "How could you, Harley?! I trusted you!"

"Aldrich has no shít to pick with you, Holly," he replied calmly, stepping towards me. "He's got only shit with the lord of Winchester."

"Wha-what are you trying to...say?"

He hesitated while Aldrich grinned at us like a hyena, loving the show, obviously. The cabin is dark; no light was lit and the only source of it is the moon shining down from the windows, penetrating the glass and flooding the cabin. Surprisingly, the people around the area disappeared; maybe Iris gave hem the notice to stay indoors as the most wanted vampire came to visit. Again, silence greeted me as I stared at Harley, wanting answers...answers that are completely overdue.

What is really his intentions? What does he want? I thought he'd stop with just having me around?

"What are you planning, Harley?" I asked, my voice now shaking from the possibilities. The possibilities are endless, after all and most of these are leaning to the darker side. The wrong side.

Harley opened his mouthy to speak but found no words as he tried to explain everything. Unfortunately, Aldrich beat him to it. He swallowed a lungful from the cigarette and puffed it out, his eyes blazing red as he grinned at me.

"He's collaborating with me to kill your husband, Holly."

And just like that, my assumptions are confirmed. I knew he has shít to pick on Calvin but to extend it this far...?