Chapter 22: The Odds

|CALVIN|

Winchester, Europe
June 2015

I woke up with a throbbing headache and a churning stomach.

Darn, I knew I should never get hammered with Colton. Last night, I could barely remember what happened but I knew for sure that Colton's head should be banged continuously with a sledgehammer for suggesting crappy and dangerous ideas.

We were back at the lounge in Mystique with me drowning myself on bottles and bottles of wolfsbane because I was seriously missing someone that night. I tired watching her chick flicks and tried eating her sweets but I couldn't shake off the feeling of dread when I thought of her and her health. Is she eating well? Have she taken her vitamins? Is she hurt? She did say she can do it, right? What if she's mistaken and is now lying on a ditch somewhere?

So, instead of punching myself to death last night or fighting the urge to grab the jet and bring her back home forcefully, I asked Colton to meet me up at the bar. As usual, the club is packed and a lot of people are gyrating on the dance floor; Colton and I began about drinking at the VIP lounge where I almost emptied three bottles of vodka laced with wolfsbane and still, I couldn't get my head out of my little, lycan wife.

"Whoa!" He said as he stopped me in my fourth bottle. "You got some serious shít if you're drinking like a sailor on his last day."

I shrugged his hand off and continued chugging on the liquid. "I can't take my head off Holly."

He stared at me thoughtfully and I'm glad that he didn't ask anything. Instead, he snapped his fingers and motioned the bartender to approach. When the poor vampire got enough distance, he pulled the man by the shirt and snuck him a few hundred dollar bills. "Give me an absinthe," he whispered and I widened my eyes at him. "Put lots and lots of wolfsbane in it, okay?"

The man just nodded before scurrying away. I glowered at Colton who grinned like a maniac as he motioned a lycan woman to him. "Did you remember what happened to us the last time you decided it was fun mixing wolfsbane with absinthe?!" I hissed at him and he just shrugged. "Ah, good times," was all he said before fondling the lycan woman seated on his lap. Last time we drank that shít, well, just say that ended with me destroying half of Berlin while Colton ran around town naked as Domovov decided it was nice to be gay for the night.

Both of us shuddered. You do not want to see your dead friend smooching every male he sees...even you.

But still, I really want to forget about Holly for the night so when the absinthe arrived, we began drinking at it like pros. Now, don't ask me what happened next after emptying the bottle of that green, cursed liquid because I really don't know. My brain's pretty muddled and I feel like I've drank a juice made of nails.

Still, I opened my eyes and felt the glare of the sun shine down on me like fùcking knives piercing right through my retina. Seriously?! Who the fùck forgot to close those fùcking blinds?! They're seriously going to be fired. My eyes met the red satin covering my four poster bed and the sunlight made the tapestry opposite me shine since most of it is made of gold and silver. The birds are happily chirping away while I scowled at nothing in particular.

I sighed and tried shutting my eyes tight, determined to kill the sun even on my imagination when I felt someone shifting beside me. My initial thought is that Holly is back from her trip deciding not go ahead of the meetings and that thought sent a smile back to my face. Still with my eyes shut, I turned to her and traced my lips in her bare shoulder, feeling the bony prominences on--

Wait. Holly is fat.

Okay, not fat but with pregnancy fat.

As if on fire, I jumped out of my bed and I realized I was in my boxers. As if on cue, the blanket began moving again and a womanly groan echoed through my room. At first, I was shocked and then, fear blasted my body like none other. Oh my fùcking ássholes shít!