Chapter 7: Calvin

|HOLLY|

Ohio
March 2015

"I changed my mind, I don't want to go to college."

Harley rolled his eyes at me as he stacked my cupboards for the second time this month. "I thought you want to have control in your life for now on? Wasn't this your decision?" Wasn't it? Of course it was my bloody decision! I told myself I will change and involve myself into things that may temporary remove my mind off Calvin.

Calvin...

I dropped the jar or mayonnaise to the kitchen counter and stared at it. It's been a month since I last saw him. The last memory I had with him was him lying on the bed, badly wounded and bandaged; it wasn't an appealing memory, that much I could tell.

He hasn't come for me for a month. Sure comas can take years but Calvin in coma? Highly unlikely. I bet he's up and probably whoring around that bítch Lorraine while being spoon fed by Arthur fùcking McMillan. Without noticing, the jar on my hand shattered under the strength of my hand, mixing the white, creamy substance with my blood.

Disgusting, I know.

Harley turned to me and sighed before grabbing the jar and taking me by the wrist to wash in the sink. It's a routine for him, I think; I must have shattered seven jars of mayonnaise this month mainly because I held it too hard and I got pissed at it. Apparently, I'm craving mayonnaise. Big deal.

He took out the shards engraved on my flesh and dropped it to the sink. "I really think you needed a shrink for this. I'm not even trusting you enough to not commit suicide while alone here!"

I pulled my hand from his grip and wiped the remaining blood on the towel in the counter. "I won't. I have a baby, you should know that," I hissed at him. There was an uncomfortable silence before I felt his arms wrap around my waist in a hug. Sighing, I turned around and hugged him too. So far, this is only thing Harley could do to relieve me off my sadness, one thing I learned after a month of stay here.

I could clearly remember how he drove me to the airport and flew me to Nowhere, Ohio. Immediately, he found us a house and made me retell my story to him in finer details.

Oh and was royal alpha Harley Bracken mad that day.

Really, really mad.

In fact, in anger, he rejected every vampire in the span of one week, cursing them like how Calvin cursed ours the first time I met him. Surely, it felt déjà vu but with Harley, it felt like it was watching a parody of it. It saddened me how I can't love Harley like I love Calvin even after staying with me through my depression, giving me pep talks, leaving me to my decisions, and even agreeing with me going to college. Harley helped me with the paper works and convincing the professors to let me join the class even in the end of the semester.

Honestly? I think he bribed them. Not that I'm complaining. I just want to experience school.

Most omegas are home schooled so going to college was a big step in my Holly reform agenda. The number one goal of my agenda is to gain confidence to be able to stand up to bullies. The rest? I haven't really thought about it. And so, for one month, I had been living on my own, following my own rules and earning my own money. It had been a great fight when I convinced Harley go leave me alone to fend for myself but in the end, he conceded and let me decide for my own. He visits me once a week, making sure none from the Winchester castle can follow through me.

Freedom. It was something I experienced just now. It can be very stressful and very frightening but I was managing. For once, I was working for my own; I may not have the luxurious life I had back in the Winchester castle but at least it was something. I know I can never escape Calvin, it's just...it had been a month and I was bored while waiting for him; I know he will come for me, I just know it . I've made the house a temporary residency until he comes and picks me up, enrolled myself in a nearby college and got myself a work since money is not readily given. I just needed a break from...all of it.