Chapter 4: The Thirteen Alphas

|HOLLY|

February 2015

Four Seasons Royal Hotel,
Los Angeles, California

"Shit."

One word muttered by three people.

One, Calvin. The second, me. And the third?

"Holly," he said, rising up in his seat his nose, which was annihilated by Calvin months ago, was crooked; other than that, nothing changed.

Recovering from the shock, I blinked two times. "Richardson," I muttered as my eyes widened. My stomach churned at the thought of meeting him again in which I prayed I never will. What is he doing here? Is this a coincidence? Is Calvin playing me again? What he fùck is my mate doing here?!

Cannis turned to me and to Richardson. "You know each other, lady Campbell?" He asked. A completely innocent question yet it spoke volumes. My vision was only focused on Richardson, from the dark locks that fell on his face to the scars he attained through his last duel with my master. He gave Cannis a confused look before widening. I thought I saw him grit his teeth as he looked back to me.

"Lady Campbell?"

"Aren't you popular today?" Calvin said, rolling his eyes playfully at me. I gently slapped him in the chest, earning a growl from Richardson. This isn't happening. I'm not seeing him again here! Not on the same room with Calvin!

"He's...I'm from his pack," I told Cannis who raised his eyebrows in the information. "I...I was...a run away..."

"Doesn't he have the right to take you back to his pack, then?" He asked again as he pointed a thumb at Richardson. Before I could answer, Calvin did. "Holly is mine," he snarled as we both turned to him. His pupils dilated and the color of red dominated his ocean blue eyes. "No one of you want this conversation. Trust me," his gaze sliced towards Richardson who was shooting daggers at him but didn't say anything.

The silence that followed was deafening. I took the time to scan the room and realized that I was in the middle of the room with thirteen alphas who were patiently watching at us and enjoying the show. I recognized the familiar blond whom I first saw at the last meeting with the alphas, Jeremy Schneider, looking amused at me and at Richardson. Apparently, he's the only one who knew our real story. The rest of the alphas seated across us were ancient and powerful, much like Gregory-Smith.

The lycan council.

Cannis cleared his throat and the two vampire generals each moved to the edge of the room. I scanned the area and saw the vast glass window showcasing the skyscrapers and the land of California. The conference hall, itself, is large; green, potted plants were placed on the corners of the room and a large circular glass table was in the middle. Plush chairs adorned the area with respect to the reddish wallpaper. A fifty six inches LCD television flat screen is attached on the left side of the room and an aquarium sat perched on the right.

Richardson remained seated on his chair, his dark eyes never leaving me as I sat beside Calvin who pulled my chair closer to him. Again, I felt exposed underneath his gaze; it was hurting me, his piercing stares. Didn't he choose Charlotte over me? Shouldn't he be thinking about her instead of eyeing me like this?

"So, let us begin the meeting," Cannis announced and I straightened my spine. "Reports about the uprising had been lax lately, but reports from very reliable sources say that they are planning big. It wasn't specified as to what."

"Again, why wasn't it specified?" Calvin asked, his tone bored and annoyed at the lack of information.

Cannis frowned. "It's either they never returned or they returned dead, vampire King Campbell," Calvin grimaced at the information and I saw him thinking by the crinkle of his eyebrows to the far fetched stare he had. "Other than the rebellion is being lax, I've heard from the vampires that the smuggling of the drug wolfsbane had gone through the roof. My generals will hand you copies of the report later on," he said as curious whispers were heard from the lycans. "Wolfsbane is mostly planted by werewolves, now can someone enlighten me about the possible use of the drug against both species?"