Chapter 8: Inside the Heart

|CALVIN|

I glared at nothing in particular.

That scheming alpha werewolf is going to die tonight. The slowest and most painful death possible. Leo and Gustav obviously felt bad for the alpha lycan because he's going probably to die the death I promised both of them but both Are selfish enough to save him from his fate.

Leo had come into my office that night, looking tired and wasted as he dropped a folder in front of me. I just gave him a quick glance before taking the folder and scanning the contents. My blood leapt as I stared at a photograph via surveillance camera of Holly coming out from an airport while Harley Bracken stood beside her. To someone, they looked like a happy couple but to me, they looked like a disaster waiting to happen.

And happen it will the moment I get my hands on that pup.

I read and reread the address in which she was staying at committing everything into memory. Very strategic, Harley Bracken, very strategic, I growled at nothing in particular. Of course he'd hide her in the middle of nowhere probably trying his hard to get in her panties. The paper crumpled under my grip as I gritted my teeth, a lot of people are going to pay.

My mind flew back to our little deal back at the storage room. I had three months to try and love her but now, it reduced into two. Well, not like I'm complaining. Fùck the deal. Fùck it to high hells and back. Holly Greener is going to marry me even if I have to drag her down the aisle chained or gagged.

The plane ride to Ohio was silent. It reminds me a lot of the place back when I was deep in coma and it relaxes me for a bit. Gustav and Leo had been adamant in joining me retrieve Holly but I was more adamant in not letting them. After all, trusting them had been a disaster. If I want something done, I will do it myself.

The plane landed on the city proper of Ohio and I stepped out of the airport. People began piling in the small luggage area while I walked towards the exit. I didn't pack anything because I plan on taking Holly back as soon as I get her. Not only that, she's also in a surprise of her life because the moment I take her back to the Winchester lands, I am going to marry her.

Chained or gagged, as I earlier quoted.

Quickly I boarded on a rented car and slammed the door shut before driving to the deepest, most secluded part in Ohio. The trees thinned and the vast desert enveloped the area, not the sand dunes type, just the part where grass and rocks made up the entire field. The sun is beginning to set the moment I started my road trip and arrived at the town three hours after. As I kept my eyes focused on the road, I glanced up at my rear view mirror to find a lone car traveling behind me.

Narrowing my eyes, I continued driving and let it slide. After five minutes, I reassessed the situation and still found the goddamned car in my tail.

I'm being followed.

Quickly, before I could even reach Holly's place, I pulled the car back and into the side walk. It happened in a flash, I opened the door to the car the moment the other vehicle stopped just beside it. Three vampires jumped out of the window and lunged at me. Just my luck, I thought dryly as I grabbed the nearest vampire on the face and smashed it in the car window which shattered under the impact. Blood dropped on the car doors as another man took out a gun and pointed it at me.

"Vampire King Campbell," he snarled at me, showing his yellowing teeth. "We are ordered to take you back to the Winchester."

"Two points," I said as I raised my hands in mock arrest. "One, I'm the ex-vampire King since I just recently quit. Two, tell Arthur McMillan to fùck himself."