Chapter 21: Harley

|CALVIN|

Winchester, Europe
June 2015

Flip.

Scratch.

Crumple.

Flip.

Scratch.

Crumple.

Fùck.

It's been hours since I have been reading letters and chucking them to the bin. Truth is, I couldn't make sense in everything they wrote in it mainly because my mind is somewhere else.

God, why does she always have to fight me with this? She wanted freedom? I give her freedom! Who did she think she is anyway? If she wants to fùcking die, then die! I snarled at her memory and crumpled another paper which I haven't skimmed yet. Clenching my knuckles at the paper, I could feel my eyes turn red and black, losing a battle against my demons.

Ten more minutes of sulking and basically deep breathing to prevent a rampage, the door opened and Gustav stepped inside. I gave him a harsh glare in which the vampire flinched but pursued me, nonetheless. "Holly had left, my lord," he muttered. The sound of her name heightened my anger and I hissed at my vampire general.

"Just give her what she wants!" I spat. "She wanted to go out? Then let her out! She wanted to sacrifice herself? Then let her fûcking do it! I'll just go find another wife that's fùcking submissive that would actually listen and try to think things thoroughly!"

Gustav narrowed his eyes at me. "My lord, Holly's stubborn side is what's grounding you to reality," he sounded calm but I doubt he is anywhere near it. After all, he and the little lycan are friends. I growled at Gustav's insolence but the vampire continued, nonetheless. "She's out there, alone. Someone may take her, may torture information out of her, may use her as leverage against you...aren't you concerned at all?

"She chose this fate upon herself! Let her have her fate!"

"She's pregnant!" Gustav roared which left me stunned on my seat. Gustav...never loses it in front of me. Both of us just stared at each other, the sun glaring down on my back seems to help in my growing headache. Summer is full blown so I hear the sounds of cicadas singing their rhythm dominated the forest located out of my window. I watched as Gustav shuffled on his feet, the sound of the soles of his feet grating on the part of the wooden floorboards creak.

Gustav stared down, keeping his submission but it is evident that he's determined to keep his point up. "She's pregnant, my lord. She's emotional, something that is normal for her kind. Being a lycan, their impulsivity intensifies and emotional instability is expected. This is a common knowledge at lycan communities, my lord. Truly, this isn't entirely her fault."

"Impulsivity and emotional instability is common among all pregnant women!"

"But for lycans, their sense of belongingness is strong. It is in their nature, my lord, something that cannot be altered," he said, looking frustrated. "My lord, Holly is going through a lot and I'm sure she had her worries and mistakes but to marry her meant that you are willing to accept it even if she is the most horrible woman alive. I wouldn't want to see you cry over another body, my lord. Especially not Holly's."

I opened my mouth to retort back but I could find my voice. She wanted it. She wanted to be alone and she wanted to do it her way! What am I to her if she doesn't respect my decisions? I told her everything I do, I do it for her safety but a guy can only take so much before he breaks. Holly had been ignoring me for days and would just burst like that. It's unprecedented and definitely unlikely her.