Chapter 15: Hiding the Truth

|CALVIN|

Amsterdam
March 2015

At some point in life, I actually thought to myself that I should act like a vampire lord. Not the teenage boy who was robbed of his childhood. I was a two hundred and sixty seven years old stuck in a seventeen year old's body when I realized it. It was an epiphany. Something that just...clicked inside my head.

Colton was looking for human blood then while Domovov and I smoked weed with wolfsbane leaves to give the jump start we both needed. I just realized, under the vast sky then, that maybe we should act as vampire lords. We're nearing three hundred, the peak of vampire maturity.

"Hey, do you think we should handle our lands by now?" I asked my friend who smiled at the sky, probably experiencing the euphoric effects.

"No, I don't want to."

I frowned at that. "Why not? We're ready. Aldrich trained us well."

"Calvin," he sighed as he propped his elbow up to raise his eyebrows at me. "We aren't mature yet. Let's enjoy life, please?"

"But why?" I asked, taking a drag of my own joint. "If we train now, maybe we could perfect running the country in a decade's time. I think we're ready. Maybe we're just scared of commitment? Don't you think it's a little..."

"Stop it, Calvin," Domovov said, rolling his eyes at me before lying down the grass again. "We've got the entire world to spend and the years to pass. We're not humans, we don't deteriorate and die. We move on. Let's just enjoy life as it is. I want to have sex, want to drink, want to smoke and still want to kill. I want to enjoy it, Calvin. Before we need to face reality."

Domovov shut me up that day. Maybe because I was too stoned to even think of a nice comeback. Domovov is right, I thought as I lay there, smoking my joint. I should enjoy life, fùck people and continue killing. That's the life of a vampire lord.

And years came, I did fùck and kill. Something I loved.

I wish I had done the same with this bítch though.

Now, it made me rethink my options centuries ago. I should have just manned up , took over business and didn't waste time in useless things. Needless to say, I shouldn't have fùcked this girl over here; dear god, I just hate clingy women. Real smooth Domovov, real smooth, I thought as I groaned and pushed Holly down the bed, obscuring her from Katarina's eyes. The vampire in rampage screamed as she tried catching us with her gaze; I felt my pinky finger tremble sharply before it burst into small pieces, making me curse and grunt as I pulled my bleeding finger.

"Oh my gosh, Calvin!" She gushed out as she tried pulling my hand to inspect. I pulled it back, trying hard to conceal it from her because I knew she'd worry about it. Finally, having me in her control, she pulled my hand and stared at the wound. "It's bleeding! We need--"

"To get you out as soon as possible," I continued for her as I pushed her down the bed, concealing her from the vampire's view. Vampires in rampage are like wild animals, they don't think so Holly will be safe off her view. "Don't worry, it will regenerate."

"But--"

"No, Holly!" I hissed at her and she flinched back. No need to feel guilty, Calvin, you need to keep the family safe! "You will go and you will be safe!"

We both heard another inhumane scream as the should of something shattering. I cursed Colton, I cursed Domovov, I cursed Katarina, and I cursed the old Calvin who just loves frolicking around dangerous women. Hey, she was a conquest decades ago! A bit hard to get but very satisfying in bed.