Chapter 25: Reconciliation

|CALVIN|

Winchester, Europe
June 2015

I flipped through the numerous channels of the large LED television Holly begged from me a month ago. She said she wanted to watch National Geographic channel or Discovery Channel and maybe catch up a bit on the shows that teenagers these days go crazy about. These past few days I haven't been doing anything productive; Holly had been gone for two days and I can't help the sinking feeling settling in my stomach. Still she wanted it, right? Well, I'm giving it to her. If she runs away from me and decided that she doesn't want me around...

Fùck, I hope not. I wouldn't know what to do.

I sighed and sunk lower into the pillows, feeling quite depressed. The house is never a home without Holly on it, I grumbled to myself as I bitterly pressed on channels. Settling in with the Vampire Diaries season 4 reruns, I watched with furrowed eyebrows.

"...Katherine." Damon Salvatore said, his eyes widening slightly as the doppelgänger of Elena showed up just in time.

"Damon," the bitch replied, smiling menacingly. And then, at that exact moment while they're having eye sex, Elena walks inside. They began having the drama again and I banged my head on the head board as I really have no idea what to watch. Look at me! A five hundred year old vampire watching teenager shows! Watching how Damon Salvatore gets it on with Elena!

I ran a frustrated hand on my face and debated whether to change it to another channel. Well, I actually like seeing how authors depict vampires from time to time. Dracula had been the closest one they almost got so far except for the sun phobia and all the traditional beliefs. Sure, at one point of the vampire life, especially upon fledglings, they will go into the stage where they will fear the sun thus the inclination of being night dwellers. But as vampires age, they grow accustomed to the sun.

I returned my gaze at the screen where Elena is now being angsty. It's either this or the Breaking Dawn rerun on the next channel.

Fùck.

If I was Edward, I would just throttle Bella and get it on with Rosalie. Or maybe Alice. Teenage drama and romance is totally not my thing and the two vampires seemed fùckable enough. Well, not as fùckable as Holly, though.

I would tell Holly what I thought about Bella and Edward but always stop myself. She's a sucker for romance and the sparkle on her eyes as the two stare at each other always stopped me short.

It may be around seven in the evening and everything is so slow. I tried calling her phone using unknown numbers just to look if she's okay but the fùcking thing just won't ring! I guess she turned it off. Maybe she's having fun? Maybe she's left me for good! Maybe she found home at the arms of Harley Bracken? My eyesight turned red as I clenched my teeth at the thought, my fangs poking at my lips.

The remote cracked under my tightening hold and it sent me back to reality. I blinked and stared back to Damon and Elena having a staring match while Stefan stared at the distance. I raised the remote control and saw the crack on it before sighing at my anger.

I should trust her. Hell, not trusting her led us to this impasse.

She'd be fine.

I hope.

Watching how humans portray vampires made me sleepy so I closed my eyes for a bit and must have dozed off for a few hours when the loud ringing of my cellphone disrupted me from my much needed sleep. Slowly, I opened my eyes and the sight of couples having rough sex on the screen welcomed me; I rubbed at my eyes and saw that I left the television open. Turning it off, I turned to the grandfather clock in the corner and saw that it is now past nine; I would have enjoyed that much awaited sleep, I thought warily before searching for my phone on top of the dressers.