Chapter 2: Starting New

|HOLLY|

"Come on, Holly..."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him and defiantly said. "No!"

Gustav stood on my doorway, looking exasperated. It had been a week since my last 'check up' and I am not-I repeat- I am not going to meet those poor excuse of doctors. Gustav groaned and took a step forward and I immediately ran to my table, taking a mug and putting it on my lips. The sun is shining happily from the window and the birds began chirping early but the trees are still almost naked; I long to run my feet at the grass in the Winchester palace so bad! The palace was still hectic, as usual, with servants running amok on their chores...except for me who is currently battling Gustav.

Immediately, he stopped in his tracks, looking horrified at the action. He took a cautious step back but kept his eyes focused at me. "Holly," he gulped as he tried finding the right words to say. "Drop. The. Cup."

"No! Agree that I will not go down first!"

He hesitated. "Please, you need to do this. Calvin will destroy everything-everyone-if something happens to his heir."

I thought for a bit. To go down and save everyone or to let Calvin kill those horrible doctors?

Obvious choice.

Gustav took another step forward and I pushed the cup closer to my mouth, threatening to drink its contents if he dared to come nearer. Again, he took a step back. "I. Want. Them. Off," I said,sounding likes petulant child I never was. Gustav shook his head, and the warm liquid splashed on my lips as I threatened him.

"Fine!" He said as he took his phone out and dialed something but still kept his eyes on me. I smiled smugly and dropped the cup to my other hand. He said something about canceling the appointment and snapped his phone close. "Are you happy now?" He murmured as he frowned at me.

I smiled widely. "Yes."

"Now hand over the cup."

I thought for a bit. "No," I said. He might call them again if I dropped the cup.

Gustav and I just stared at each other, none of us wanting to back out for minutes now when Leo entered the room who glanced at me and to Gustav before furrowing his eyebrows. "What the fùck," he said turning again to Gustav who was still looking worried ", is going on here?"

"Holly is going to drink that." He said cautiously at my cup.

Leo eyed the cup before inhaling deep. He sighed and rolled his eyes at both of us.

"She's threatening you with a cup of coffee." Not a question but an amused statement.

Gustav still kept his gaze at my cup. "It's contraindicated in pregnancy, right? No stimulants, the doctors said."

I smirked as I dropped the cup coffee on the table. I knew that today is my doctor's appointment so early morning, I snuck out in the middle of the night and put in steaming coffee to a cup to threaten him. I knew Gustav would do everything to keep the baby healthy so I used that to my advantage.

"It is okay in small amounts, Gustav. The coffee won't kill her or mutate the baby," Leo said rolling his eyes. Gustav narrowed his eyes at Leo.

"I am not taking chances."

"You're being difficult."

"Me? She's being difficult," Gustav hissed at Leo and I pouted at that. "Hey, I just don't like them," I said in a sigh as I moved to my bed and plopped at the mattress. "Can't you give me another doctor? Someone who isn't rude?"