"CAGED" Chapter 21

“Surprise!”

The guy exclaimed releasing Shohei from his hug. Shohie stood still not as surprised as I was  while I stood  their staring at the two towering men.

“When did you get back here?” Shohei said as he smiled. He then took off his shades exposing his sharp attractive eyes. They seem to know each other judging from Shohei’s reaction.  He was always formal around Takaba and the others, but not with this guy? Who exactly is he? I asked myself.

“Just the other day” The guy answered then chuckled. “I have something to settle around here and of course to witness the official handing of the Whole organization to you. I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” The guy added which made my brow raised and right at the same moment Shohei turn to look at me.

“What are you standing there? Come ‘er.” He said calmly as he reached out his hand to me, instantly, I ran by his side. Wrapping his arm around my back comfortably I look up at him and smiled awkwardly. I guess it’s okay to act boldly like this in front of this guy because his Shohei’s friend. I look back at the guy standing in front of us trying to figure out who he really is.

“By the way, this is Luis, leader of the top Italian Mafia and my business partner.” Shohei introduced the guy facing us making me surprised. He looks nothing like an Italian mafia! No offence but he looks exactly an ordinary teen ager f or Christ sake!

“Hey! You forgot to add! I’m also your childhood friend!?” Luis interrupted with his voice raised.

 So that’s it! They were like best friend in the old days, no wonder Shohei treated him that way.

“I---I’m Sen. Nice meeting you Luis.” I bowed shyly and smiled at him.

“Nice to meet you too.” He smiled back, I don’t know why but there’s something creepy with his smile. His presence suddenly bothers me, a lot!

“Well, we better get inside the car now.” Shohei looked around.  Students coming out from school pass by us with weird looks on their faces, probably wondering why in the world there’s two gorgeous Greek gods standing like a statue outside our university. Who wouldn’t?

The three of us started walking towards the parked car. I was about to reach out for the handle of the car door when suddenly Luis’s hands grabbed it first.

“Can I sit here? I’m not really fond of sitting at the back seat.” He smiled innocently. I nodded and simply smiled back. I guess I’ll just have to seat at the back then. I thought and took a step backwards.

“Sen?” Shohei called and when I looked at him he was holding the car door open for me. I was startled for a moment. He never did that gesture to me, the guard does. My heart skipped a beat and the butterflies on my tummy started flying around.

“Thanks!” I answered with my brows raised in amazement as I struggle to hide my sheepish smile. I hopped on the backseat and in no time we were hitting the road.