"CAGED" Chapter 18

“Listen, I hope you can understand English.” I said as I slowly gestured my hands as if talking to someone who is incapacitated to hear.

If you’re wondering who I’m talking to, well he’s the guy that saved me. He brought me to this hotel where he was staying without even uttering a single word. Impossible isn’t it? But trust me that’s the whole truth. Now, I’m standing in front of him as he was seated at the sofa looking up at me as if he was waiting for something I’m supposed to say.

“I ---- ” I pulled out my hands that were stuck on my pocket and pointed at myself with my eyes wider.

--AM SEN.” I paused.

He just stares up at me again with blank emotion, waiting for my next sentence.

“Ther-are-bad guys-out there-that-kidnapped me.” I added. I look so hilarious now with all the gestures and stunt I’m making.

“Do you know--Black Dragon--Organization?” Still, he did not respond. Ughhh…I think I’m just making a fool out of myself here. I rolled my eyes from the frustrations. Without losing hope I continued.

“I need to hide from them and leave this country, I don’t know how but I have too even if it’s totally impossible, as impossible for you to understand every single word of what I’m saying , but still I won’t lose my hope just as I wasn’t losing hope in trying to make you understand me.” I did not notice that my tears started to fall one by one. I could feel my body shake now. I cannot help it with all the mixed emotions I feel right now, scared, tired, glad, and nervous.

Shit, once I start to cry it’s hard for me to stop. I wipe my tears with my hands roughly while fighting not to sob, but unfortunately I let out a sob and then I could not stop the following one.

“Hey, you’re a man stop crying for Christ sake.” At the instant I stood still as a statue. Did he just said that? I opened my eyes and saw him walk closer to me.

I look up at him as he stops right in front of me, my heart started to beat fast. Did I just heard him right? Did he just said that?

“I understand every single word you said, so stop crying okay?” He smiled as he ruffled my hair. I just stood there with my jaw opened.

“You---you can understand English!?????” I shouted. “Why didn’t you tell me from the start!” I shouted again as I pulled his hands from my head.

“You look so cute with that struggling face of yours.” He said it with a smiling face. He answered plainly and walk towards the sofa and sat on it again.

I wonder why I should be mad at him right now for making me look like shit a while ago. I don’t even want to remember all those stunts I made myself. But his smile looks so warm and calming to me. As if he was someone who I can trust.

“You’re freaking impossible man, if it’s fun for you, well for me it’s not.” I made a face.

“Shouldn’t you be at least thanking me for saving your ass out there?” He said as if he did not sensed my annoyance. “A simple thank you will do.” He flashed a smile again.