"CAGED" Chapter 19

"I am not who you think I am."

Those eight words echoed in my head again and again as if my mind could not digest every meaning of it.

My brows crooked as I wet my lips with my tongue.

“Wha--- what do you mean “You are not what I think you are?  Christ Hiro you’re making me nervous. Spit it out will yah?”

“Okay, I’ll explain everything in five minutes, I need you to listen only, don’t speak, don’t even react and don’t interrupt me, just…. just let me finish okay. We don’t have enough time and whether you believe me or not, the moment that our five minutes is over you have no choice but to leave this place with me as quick as you can.” He said continuously without breaking eye contact on me, as if every word that he let out must be heard and understood precisely. Like the moment when your mom actually tells you that you’re not their real child and you are only left outside their door in a cold dark night. Yeah it’s like that.

I only nodded in response.

“My brother and I, we are both Private Spy.” He dropped the bomb. I just hold still trying to fight my reactions.

“ I get to work to the U.S. Government, while my brother decided to stay here in Japan where he was also hired by a private agency, the last thing I knew was that he was murdered during his investigation.” He stopped. The look in his yes tells me that it is not going to be easy bringing back the memory of his brother.

“I can’t forgive myself for leaving him here. I have to find who murdered him. That day, during his burial I received a mail. It was the same person that hired my brother, he said I must finish what my brother failed to do and in return I’ll also find out who killed him. Meaning, I must finish my brother’s failed mission and by doing that I’ll also find his killer in the process, so I agreed.” He paused giving me time to slowly absorb what his trying to say.

“The job is to steal a very confidential data. This data contained big shot individuals in all variety of industry  in politics, entertainment, media, businesses that is connected to the biggest Yakuza organization in Japan and its other following yakuza groups. That would be the Black Dragon Organization.”

I gasped the moment he finished his last sentence. I blinked my eyes again and again trying to believe every single word he said. This is so fucking unbelievable!

“And you know who’s the suspect of my brother’s death?” His lips curve into a smile, a smile full of bitterness. “ I think you can guess it pretty well now.” He added.

My jaw dropped. Please tell me it is not who I think it is! My mind shouted. No, not Shohei!

“Yes, he is exactly what you think who it is…