A Reaper Unknown ★Sebastian Michaelis Love Story★

Sebastian POV

With eyes of frozen hatred and a gaze of steel, I eye Claude one more time. His hair hangs low over his golden eyes, hiding his face. My teeth grit together angrily and I lash out, kicking his kneeling form in the chest. Accepting the bleak attack, he stumbles backwards on all fours and leans against a wall. "Just leave her alone..." I growl, practically hissing the words. I can see a smile beginning to form on his face and I take several long strides closer to him, leaning down. "You're lucky I don't kill you right now," My voice comes out low and harsh. "Like you ever could, feeble man," Claude replies as blood oozes from the corner of his mouth. Of course, all wounds I've inflicted on him will heal quite soon, so he's most probably just putting on a foolish show of bravery. "Feeble? Is that what people are calling protective and romantic nowadays?" I put on a fake hurt tone, "Nonetheless, you are the feeble one Claude..." And with that, I scrape my silver knife along his throat gently one last time before spinning around on my heels and exiting the room.

Hopefully we're out all of tomorrow, on duty perhaps. Murder cases don't solve themselves, I whisper in my mind, my inner voice full of desperation. I sigh as I round the corner, my feet moving silently one after the other. 

A wailing sound, more like a scream of disagreement, sounds loudly in the guest room where Kusaichi and I are to reside for the night. My heart, if I have one, seems to sink in my chest and my breathing quickens. 

Even though demons are known to feel absolutely nothing, we do. We just have to have a reason to feel such a thing, and it is uncommon to pick something out that is worthy of it.

My feet speed up their process and I round another corner, blasted corners, before practically kicking the mahogany door down. Once inside, within a flash, my eyes scroll down to see a horrid sight of Kusaichi weeping on the floor. Her face is flushed and her hair, in a shambled state, sticks up in all directions.

"K-Kusaichi!" I screech, though in a bit of a whisper as not to wake the Young Master in the room beside mine. She looks up at me, her normally dull black eyes shining a fluroescent blue; much like they did days earlier when visiting Grell. Through the tears, I can see a sort of unbelieving fear dwelling in her irises. 

For several moments, I remain glued to the spot, finding myself almost incapable of moving. My legs are suddenly heavy and as my hair falls limp over my eyes, I feel no need to flick it out of the way. 

A horrid sight it is, when you see the one you love sprawled out on the floor wailing and weeping like nobody is around to see it. When you see them completely and utterly destroyed, heartbroken. It breaks your heart, not only theirs.

"Please... What's wrong?" I stutter slightly as I finally manage to bring life back to my legs. I stumble forwards and kneel beside her, my eyes a glittering red. Her head tilts upwards so she can get a better view of me. Before I can refuse, though I really wouldn't, she slams her head against my chest and cries in to my tailcoat. I blink several times, not knowing quite what to do. Scenes like this rarely happen to demons; and have never happened at all to me.

"Shh..." I coo in to her ear, my left hand gently stroking the back of her head. My fingers lightly drag through her silky soft hair, which smells of something I would pick out to be perfection, and I smile slightly. It seems wrong, but still I allow a smile to creep along my pale lips. "Seba... Sebastian... " She whimpers in to my chest, her voice coming out somewhat muffled. "Yes?" I question quietly, my tone sympathetic and soft. "N-Nothing... I just wanted... To say your name..." She nuzzles me slightly, making me tilt my head in vague confusion.

I've heard of displays of affection that humans use, but this is not the case. The way she is rubbing her head against me; it seems just too lovely to be affection. Love, perhaps? Surely she does not remember everything, and he regained her memories of emotion? Impossible, for it is too soon. Even so... It feels right. Everything about this just seems so natural; genuine.

"Kusaichi..." I purr lightly in reply, also just wanting to hear her name roll off of my practised tongue. I can feel her lips curl upwards ever so slightly, in to what is supposed to be a smile.

Grell POV

A sudden change of emotion washes over me and I stomp my foot on the ground, clearly furious. My hair rolls left due to the streaming wind, which is harsh and unstoppable. Powerful, even. 

"What... What does it mean!" I scream, causing several nearby owls to scatter in direction. "And how!" My voice echoes along the dirt road, ridden along by so many carriages. Tears swell in the corners of my eyes, threatening so deeply to roll down my porcelaine cheeks. "I-I have to check the cinematic records... I... I need to know..." I say, my voice tuning down in to a low whisper. 

My eyes reflect pain and sorrow, but also a mixer of anger and hate. That dreaded spider clearly has something to do with it, I know that. Of course, whether or not it was purposeful or accidental, I do not know. 

Of course, as soon as I scroll through the records, I'll know who reaped her soul. I'll be able to ask them everything, and because of my acquaintanceship with William, I'll be able to gain all the information I need. As soon as I find out who the reaper is...