The Day She Died ★Sebastian Michaelis Love Story★

Sebastian POV 

Fluroescent red light gleams and radiates from my eyes, fury swelling up inside of me. "What's your game?" I hiss through gritted teeth as I push a bulky door open with my foot, my brow furrowing. Claude chuckles and pushes his glasses back up to the bridge of his nose, as he always does. "Pardon?" He slyly replies, secretly enjoying the moment. Of course, none of his emotions are shown, as they are hidden behind a brick wall of nothingness. "Oh, shut up! You know what I mean," My hands clench in to tight, angered fists. I release my hands, then tighten them back up again, attempting to relieve some of the stress that threatens to leak from my sides. Claude's eyes avert my own and he stands, the hay bed underneath him creaking as he does so. "So, you've caught on... How... Annoying,"  He whispers in reply, taking a sneaky step closer to me. "Caught on? You made no attempt to hide your foolishness," I, too, take a step closer to him. 

When at close range, I can feel his emotions; a sort of gnarly black feeling, almost like want, need and greed all at the same time. So... "You want Kusaichi, don't you," I think aloud, my hair falling over my eyes. Memories flash before my eyes, of the thousands of countless times I've told Kusaichi I would protect her, and never ever leave her side. The countless times I'd promised her. "My, my... You are a fast one," Claude's lips curl up in to a false, maniacal smile. I can tell that he's just playing with me, waiting for a reaction. "Faster than you could ever hope to be."

Everything happens within moments. Flashing red lights from our irises, the loud clanks of steel and gold cutlery clashing together. I jump back to where I earlier stood, brandishing my silver knife. He does the same with a golden fork, practically mocking me. He's always been trying to annoy me, ever since demon-birth. That cutlery, it was my idea. The hairstyle, so close to mine. Ciel, most definitely my prized soul. And Kusaichi... She's Mine!

Once again, the battle takes underway and I dart forward, my gloved hands tightening around the handle of the knife. It comes in to collision with his own, idea-stolen fork. The sound of their impact rings in my ears, but I don't seem to notice as I continously and repetitively attack. 

Finally, after many attempts, I finally strike flesh. His skin peels upwards and his face scrunches up, but returns to its usual calmness as he staggers back. Blood oozes from his wound, and I take the opporunity to strike again, driving my knife in to his other arm. "What a bother! I seem to have gotten my knife wet!" I tease, swinging it around in my palm as I step closer to him. I kneel down and place my mouth up to his ear. "Don't even think about touching my Kusaichi..."

Kusaichi POV 

My eyes flutter open and all around me, darkness lingers. I sigh in to the air, my head still throbbing from the breakdown of memories that occured earlier. The memory blinds me and the searing pain in my mind forces me to rerun it.

Thin beads of salty tears dribble down my face, and my mind becomes fuzz. 'I understand none of it...' I whisper in my mind, constantly thinking of Claude's face through the darkness, those lust-filled and murderous eyes, that seem to have a certain softness to them... "No!" I scream in to the night, forcing the image from my mind. Yet, it still manages to weave it's way back through my thoughts. It's different now, though. It seems more... Ravenous... Like he really wants something. But... It's not how it happened. It's a figment of my imagination. That face... It wasn't really his that night. That dreaded, damned night. 

I sigh and roll over, my eyes scanning the roof for any marks to pull Claude up on tomorrow. I know it seems stupid, but it's my way of revenge. For all I know, after that memory, there could be another. Perhaps one of him and I becoming friends. The thought makes me gag, but smile also. It might make me sick to the stomach, but it would definitely solve all of my current problems. Should I ask him tomorrow? Nah. Am I going to? Pretty much.

Grell POV

Several strands of my hair falls over my eyes again and I re-read the letter, for the millionth time. "This makes no sense!" I scream out, once again to nobody in particular. Tears threaten to spill from the corners of my eyes and I stand, throwing the piece of paper on to the floor. It floats down gracefully, making no sound as it lands on the wooden floor. Without another thought, I spin around and begin to dart from the mansion.

"Useless! All useless!" I beam out in to the night, several owls hooting in the distance. I come to a halt not far from the mansion and spin around to look at it. Glistening silver leaks of light glisten on its roof and windows, no noise around me except for the occasional cicada noise or owl hoot. Everything, to my ears, is completely silent and I bow my head. "Why..." I mutter, looking back up. I shuffle on the spot, not knowing whether to run or to stay. Everything seems a mess and nothing makes sense any more. Nothing at all. 

Slowly, I stumble and stagger, finally leaning against a stray tree. It's gnarled branches curl upwards and I admire it's hidden beauty, something that not many would see. My thoughts stray from the scenery and on to the note that I had so rudely thrown astray, and would have to go back to return to its rightful place. Its image burns in my mind, clear as clear can be. 

I whisper aloud, exactly what the note reads... 

"The day she died."