chapter 17

; harry

What I've learned since Rian was born is that I should always and I mean always listen to my gut. No matter what. So why didn't I? So now here I am, once again (a year later) and rushing towards the hospital in my car.

''STEP ON THE GAS YOU IDIOT!'' That was Max. Why was Max with me? Right.

+ a few hours before +

''Are you sure you're gonna be okay?''

Niall looked at me with that 'why do i love you, you're an idiot' expression he constantly has with me and it made me wonder what happened to the shy and flustered Niall back in high school. It doesn't matter though, I loved both of them the same because it was still Niall.

''Yes, for god's sake Har. Besides, I have this knight in shining armor with me instead'' As if on cue, Rian babbled something incoherent and then continued to play with his toys on the blanket.

I smiled softly at the sight in front of me and bent down to give Niall a kiss on the lips. A slow, lingering kiss that made the tip of his ears red and even his cheeks. Well, my work here is done.

''I'll just be a while anyways, exams usually last for 2 hours and then we'll go to the hospital, right? It's a plan!'' I said convincingly, mostly to convince myself than him truthfully.

Niall nodded with a smile on his face.

''Right''

''I don't want to go'' I groaned, biting my lower lip nervously as I watched Rian stack up the colourful blocks.

I was so busy watching him, I didn't see the hand flying towards my cheek until it did. I looked at my husband with wide eyes, holding my freshly slapped cheek with one hand.

''What was that for!'' I exclaimed.

''For being an idiot! Do you want the name 'Dr Styles' to be plastered on a door one day? Yes you do, which is why we moved here! Now go ace that exam because I know you've been studying head over arse for it so you will ace that bloody exam, come back here in 2 hours, drive me and Rian to the hospital so I can deliver both of the girls that you put in me, Harold Edward Styles''

''My name-'' I started but Niall gave me a glare, his blue eyes warning me and I nodded quickly, giving him another kiss on the cheek hastily before going out the door.

The exam started late so 3 hours later, I had put down my pen right as the examiner instructed us too and took out my phone that was on silent. to see 25 fucking missed calls and more than 20 texts each from the guys. My eyes widened when I saw the frantic caps lock messages.

Ryder : NIALL IS IN LABOUR

Ryder : HARRY

Daniel : WHERE THE FUCK R U

Ryder : STYLES GET UR ASS BACK

Daniel : UPDATE ; TAKING UR HUSBAND TO THE HOSPITAL

Daniel : HARRY, WHAT HOSPITAL?

"Oh my gosh" I breathed out shakily. The latest message was 15 minutes ago. Fucking hell, Niall was in labour and I'm not there yet!!!

"Class you're dismissed" The professor said in a monotone voice and I quickly shot out of my seat, grabbing my bag and slinging it over my shoulder before basically running to the exit.

When I got to my car, Max was leaning on it, looking around anxiously.

"Max!" I said, eyes wide at him.

"Harry! What took you so long mate! Niall's-"

"In labour yeah, I gathered c'mon!"

Max nodded as we got in my car and I started the engine.