chapter 14

a/n : wish i was rainbow rowell 😭

; niall

The day finally came.

Me and Harry had got out of the car, the moving truck behind us stopping behind Harry's ford.

The house was a generous gift from Des. Somehow he knew that we were moving and mailed us a lease. We were shocked to say the least but Harry had called him up for a thank you.

"Well Ni, this is our new home" Harry said from beside me, his arm wrapped around my shoulder. My lips curved into a small smile as I saw the bracelet on his wrist glinting in the sunlight.

We were packing when we found it - well, them. It was a pair. My mam had given it to us back in high school. I still remember Harry refusing it. It was my grandma and grandad's and she passed it on to my mam and my mam to me and Harry.

They were a nice gold colour with vintage designs. We had them polished and fitted for our wrists the next day.

When we moved, I guess we misplaced them and never remembered about it. Everything seemed like a lifetime away now as I stood here beside Harry in front of our new house.

Soon this house would become home with pictures of Harry, Me, Rian and the soon to come twins littering every nook and cranny.

The tv would be set up in the living room and Winnie The Pooh will be on really loudly for Rian.

Barbecue Sundays will be held at the backyard there and Harry would be banging the kitchen in the morning as usual.

I suddenly felt really emotional and before I knew it, I was leaning my head on Harry's shoulder to take it all in at once.

"Hey Ni" harry spoke up after a beat of silence, his arm around me as we shared up at the house.

"Yeah babe?"

"Can you imagine a playground back there"

I laughed, looking up at him as he surveyed the backyard.

"For our kids or for you?" I teased.

He joined in my laughter and i realised something as the sound of both of our laughers filled our ears.

My home is wherever Harry is.

+

"Dada!"

I was unpacking Rian's clothes, putting them in our closet while the guys were getting ready to paint his room.

I could hear them debating over yellow orange? Oh who am i kidding, debating?

More like wild shouting and Louis' obnoxious 'LA LA LA LA LA' to tune everyone out.

"Looks like you're sleeping with us tonight, Ian" I said as i put away the last of his clothes and picked him up in my arms.

He was crawling towards me and can only stand up on two legs and walk when I hold him.

"We're gonna practice on your walking soon yeah?" I bounced him on my hip and he started saying some baby stuff.

"Do you hear them or am I just hallucinating that Zayn suggested they paint themselves with pain and the one with most paint on their body gets to pick the colour?" Harry asked, walking in with wide eyes that suggested we should really step in right about now.

"Nope, I heard" I laughed.

"Right, let's go before they lose all sanity and do that" Harry led the way and we stepped in the room beside ours. The walls were still bare - thank god and they weren't naked and not covered in paint.