chapter 13

a/n ; credits to art owner! its doing something to my heart

; niall

+

Rian was the first to break the silence after Louis' obvious statement that yes, Zayn's hair was green. My little boy was crying now in Harry's arms and he was trying to comfort him.

"Hey guys" He waved at us with a small smile and all of us just stared at him.

"Oh god your hair is green" Liam stated, eyes a little wide as he observed Zayn's hair.

"Yeah, I thought of purple but.." Zayn left the sentence hanging, shrugging.

The rest of us were still silent and surprising us all, Michael was the first to speak.

"Well, what are you doing here?" He asked, voice hard and eyes challenging. Harry was still comforting Rian and then the shock that filled the room was replaced with anger and little bit of hurt.

"I heard you guys were moving..." He said, turning towards me and Harry.

"You heard?" I asked to confirm it.

"I have connections..." He mumbled, shrugging.

"Well, what are you gonna do? Have one last hug? Then leave?" Louis spat venomously.

Zayn didn't look hurt or shocked at all. He was calm, raising a perfectly arched eyebrow at Louis and then sighing.

"I know I'm probably the last person you guys wanna see..." He started.

"No shit mate - you left. I mean what is up with you guys and leaving! Can't we all just face one another and be civil about it? No need to go half way across the country sheesh!" Calum exploded, his hands up in exasperation as he glared at Zayn.

Luke put his hand on Calum's arm to calm him down but the brunette just shrugged him off, mumbling about his friends being stupid Nomads.

I tried not to laugh because he was right. We kept running away from our problems. Michael ran from Ashton, I ran from Harry and now Zayn ran from all of us.

Our life was an endless cycle of good times, drama and then running away when it gets too rough.

"You know one of my old friends from high school, he would literally make you sign a contract if you come back after running away." I spoke up first, giving Harry a look. He chuckled, nodding to agree with me.

"Nate would do that. Even if he didn't know how to write a contract" Harry said.

I laughed, yep, that's Nate.

"Okay I'm lost. Can we all just focus on Zayn right now!" Louis huffed. Liam moved to put an arm around him but Louis held his hand up.

"Stop. I love you Li, but I'm 5 seconds away from punching someone" He said, still glaring at Zayn.

Liam rolled his eyes, snorted and put an arm around Louis anyway.

Wow, bold move Payne.

Louis seemed to not care and even leaned into the touch. They were magnets I swear.

"I'm back, isn't that what matters?" Zayn tried again.

Me and Harry exchanged a look. Shit.

"NO IT IS FUCKING NOT! FOR GOD'S SAKE ZAYN, WHY ARE YOU EVEN BACK?!" Surprisingly, Liam was the one who was shouting.

Everyone was shocked except for Louis. That idiot had a smug smile on his face.

"I came back because... I..." He looked at all of us who were looking expectantly at him.