chapter 6

a/n : let's make this a little more interesting and a little different ;)

Flashback (2007)

• Harry •

"So, how about it?"

I was nervous as Niall looked up at me with a confident grin on his face. I took my glasses off and started cleaning them, a nervous habit I have.

"Are you serious?" I asked again.

"Yes?" Niall's grin faltered but stayed on his face as he raised his eyebrows at me.

"A-and you're asking me? Harry Styles? You do know I'm Harry Styles right? Not Harry Lancaster in your biology class? Cause I can ask for you-"

"Harry, yes I know it's you!" Niall chuckled as my cheeks reddened both from embarrassment at my word stumbling and the fact that Niall was looking at me with those glittering blue eyes.

"I- I don't know" I muttered shyly.

This time his grin did falter.

"What do you mean?" Niall asked.

"I- I don't if.. We can.." I explained slowly, putting my glasses back on and blinking to clear my vision.

I think I saw a flash of hurt in Niall's eyes but he fixed on an easy smile that didn't reach his eyes for me.

"Okay then, right. So it's a no" Niall nodded to himself.

"I didn't-"

"It's fine Harry, I'll see you after school" He waved without looking back at me and I was cursing myself mentally as I leaned on the lockers.

For fuck's sake, Harry!
I sighed and loosened the tie I had on.

I had my chance, he was already there! He asked me and I said "I DONT KNOW"

What kind of stupid answer was that??? I groaned out loud and covered my face with my hands.

The feeling of wanting to scream and cry overpowering everything.

But it was all my fault anyways.

After school was me and Niall's usual tutoring session at the library but he had texted me saying he wasn't going to make it.

It hurt, really. But I just texted him "okay :)" although he didn't reply after.

With a disappointed sigh, I packed up all the books and notes into my bag and slung it over my shoulder as I prepared to leave the library.

Just as I left the door, my name was called from down the hall.

"Hey Styles!"

I was shocked and confused as Niall's group of friends, Max, Nathan, Daniel, Ryder and Isaac were walking towards me.

They weren't here to beat me up were they? I tightened the hold on my bag and got ready to swing if they did anything.

I mean we've hung out a bit since me and Niall became friends but Niall is their best friend so obviously they were going to side with Niall, right?

"H-hi?" I stuttered.

"Hey mate, are you okay?" Max had a hand on my shoulder and I nodded with a faint smile.

"Look" Daniel started with a sigh.

But Ryder cut him to it. "We know why you said no to Niall, yeah he can be a little over excited sometimes and loud and yeah maybe he's a little too irish for your-"

"I didn't say no" I spoke up and they all looked at me confusingly.

"What?" Ryder asked me.

"I didn't say no to Niall" I shook my head at them as if to emphasise it.

"Then what did you say?" Isaac who was leaning on the wall beside the library door asked with his eyebrows raised.

"I said I don't know ... B-because.." I shut up after that, my eyes going everywhere except at the five boys i front of me.

"Because of what Harry?" Max asked near me. I shook my head and Nathan spoke up this time.

"You know he really likes you, Harry-"

Impossible.

"- and I know you really like him too.."

Is it that obvious?

"I assure you whatever problem you have, you can tell us. We won't tell him and we can help you get him back" Nathan finished with an assuring smile directed at me and I sighed.

They seemed to be real interested in their friend's love life and I do need help to get Niall back...

"Okay" I nodded as the five of them grinned at me. I returned the grin slowly.

Yeah, okay. I was going to get Niall back.

a/n : comment if u want me to keep doing flashbacks ! ;)