Adopted by Austin Carlile

Ok this is my new book but this chapter is just to get to know Rose more and understand her.

If you are reading this, it has almost been three year since I wrote this Fan fiction. I'm finally going back to editing it so bare with me.

Rose's POV

--------------------

I woke up to the smell of smoke. Quickly, I jumped out of my bed and searched for my parents.

"Mommy, Daddy help, Fire,Fire!" i screamed

My Parents ran downstairs, my father decided to run back upstairs to wake up my sister Lisa, but by the time they came down the fire was taking over the house.

  My mother and I were outside waiting for them.

"Rosey sweetie mommy is going to get Daddy and Lisa, remember Mommy loves you. I'll be right back so don't leave." And with that my mother runs inside.

Minutes passes by and my family hasn't came out yet. By the time the fire department came the house was indulged in flames and the last of the meyers family was gone.
Except for me.

------------

I woke up with sweat running down my forehead. A rush of panic ran through my veins until I realized I was only in my bed.

Hi my name is Elizabeth Rose Meyer but please call me Rose. I am 15 with brown long hair and green eyes. I'm also a little bit on the pale side I guess...

I live in a orphanage in San Francisco California. This is where I spend my days pretending to be Annie except I know my parents won't come back. Haha...

I'm in love with music. I may not be that great but it keeps me happy at least. That probably sounded so cliché but its true, I've always loved music it makes me feel like I'm back home with my family to be honest. My mother and I would sing along all the time whenever we felt like it.

I still sing but not the same as I used to sadly...

People dont really like to adopt kids my age, and if the do it is usually a creep or something. In the orphanage my roomate Megan grew to become my bestfriend over the years. We both listen to the same music and style. In school we arent really what you call popular, unless being tortured by your class mates and strangers in school on a regualr basis is what you call popular than yes we are the most popular kids in school. Note the sarcasm. We rarely get into trouble but I learned how to somewhat protect myself. Just kidding I'm really scrawny, megan just helps me out a little bit.

"hey, whats wrong?"Megan says in a worried tone.

"It's nothing. I just had a nightmare." I groaned and stuffed my face into my pillow.

"Are you okay?"she raised her eyebrow.

"Why did this happen to me? Out of all the people this could have happened to. But then again, I wouldn't want this to happen to another kid." I laid my head back on the pillow.

"Things happen right? Look let's go back to sleep. We have work tomorrow." She yawned.

I work at Hot topic, while Megan works at the store across from me Zumies. If it wasn't for our friend, we would have a job or anything at all. Since we are under aged we still get minimum wage that could barley feed us at any place in this overpriced mall, but I can't complain I at least have a job.

"Okay, goodnight." I put my headphones on while I listen to Radio Head before falling back asleep.

--------the next day-----------