Chapter 23

"Skyla?! Aidan?!" Allison yelled and she came running towards us.

"What's wrong, darling?" Aidan asked and I saw that she had a small cut on her elbow.

"I cut my elbow, and I'm cold." she said and she shivered.

Aidan quickly took his jacket off, and then his shirt, leaving him shirtless.

"Aidan, I'm not complaining, but what on earth are you doing?" I asked and he grinned.

He then pulled his shirt over Allison her head, and made a knot at the front.

He then put his jacket on again, but didn't close it.

"Aidan, I wanna go back to nana." Allison sighed and I pulled her onto my lap.

"It's okay, darling. It's all gonna be alright." I said and I quickly looked at Aidan.

"Can you maybe call like something or someone that we found Allison. I think we can go to my orphanage tomorrow to bring her there." I said and Aidan immediately stood up from his swing and walked away with his phone by his ear.

I was just lightly swinging back and forth, with Allison still sitting on my lap.

"I'm scared, my mommy was always mean and I think she's mad at me for losing her." she said and I hugged her tighter.

"It's all gonna be okay, why don't we go play in the sandbox together?" I asked and she immediately jumped off my lap.

"C'mon Skyla, let's go, let's go." Allison said and she started pulling my hand.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna talk to Aidan for a second. I'll be back soon." I said and I let go if her hand.

I walked over to Aidan who was still talking on his phone.

"Yes...uhm... We can take her to an orphanage tomorrow...Yes, me and my girlfriend...I think she'll be okay at our place...thank you, bye." Aidan said and after that he hung his phone up.

"Guess who's having a sleepover at Lee's place." Aidan said and I looked at Allison.

"What did they tell you?" I asked and I slowly grabbed his hand.

"That we need to take her to an orphanage or keep her and handle all the paper work. Maybe you should tell Lee about her staying over." he said and he put his arm on my back.

"Yeah, I will." I said as I looked down at my feet.

"I need more flesh on my bones, look at how tiny my wrists are!" I exclaimed and he grabbed both my wrists.

"No, Skyla stop. You're not too skinny, what can I do to make you stop thinking that?" he asked clearly worried and annoyed.

"I don't know, maybe play with Alice while I text my dad about Allison staying over." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Okay, good luck, baby." Aidan replied and he quickly kissed my cheek before walking off towards Alisson.

Skyla: Hey
Lee: What?
Skyla: Well, there was this little girl in the park who was probably abondened by her mother, and Aidan has already called the police about it, and they said that we could bring her to any orphanage tomorrow.
Lee: Okay, but what's the question?
Skyla: Can she stay at your place, she'll be gone by tomorrow.
Lee: That's okay, maybe we should cook something special for her.
Skyla: Yeah, that'd be nice.
Lee: When will you come back again?
Skyla: Soon, probably
Lee: Okay, see you soon. Love you.
Skyla: Love you too.

I put my phone in my pocket again, and I walked over to the sandbox where I saw two figures covered in sand.

"Look Skyla, we made a sand pie!" Allison said while she showed me a pile of sand on her hands.

"Oh, that's beautiful Allison." I said and I looked at the two persons being covered in sand.

"We worked really hard on it." Aidan said and he tried to wipe all the sand off himself.

"Yeah!" Allison exclaimed and she put all the sand on the ground.

"What did Lee say?" Aidan asked as he picked Allison up and wiped all the sand off her clothes.

"He was okay with it, but I thought that we maybe should start heading home. I don't think your mommy is here, Allison." I said and Allison sighed.

"Oh, it doesn't really matter. My mommy was always really mean, I like you more." she said and Aidan lifted her onto his neck.

"That's good to hear." Aidan said and he grabbed my hand.

"Are you gonna be my new mommy and daddy?" she asked making me and Aidan looked at eachother in shock.

"No, darling. We won't be your parents. We're both really young, and not ready to raise a child." Aidan explained and Allison grabbed both Aidan's ears.

"But where are you taking me then?" Allison asked and I could see Aidan winch in pain because she was pulling his ears pretty hard.

"Allison, stop. That hurts. And we're taking you to Skyla her father's house, tomorrow we'll bring you to an orphanage." Aidan said and I could see Allison tear up.

"An orphanage? Can't I live with you, please?" Allison begged making me and Aidan sigh.

"Look, we are not from here. We're from Ireland, and an orphanage is not that bad. I used to live in an orphanage, I'm adopted." I said and she burst out in tears.

I pulled her off of Aidan's neck, and I hugged her close.

"Shh, shhh, it's all gonna be okay. I promise." I said as I put her on the ground again.

"What about we race to that corner, and the person who arrives first is awesome." Aidan said and he slowly started jogging, but making sure Allison could easily get ahead of him.

Allison started running, and I walked after her.

"You'd be a great father." I said to Aidan making him smile.

"You think? I think I'd do pretty bad actually." he said laughing and I playfully punched his arm.

"No, you'd do perfect." I said when we arrived at the corner where Allison was waiting for us.