Chapter 49: Mewtwo Strikes Back: Part One

The forest was incredibly quiet at the moment. Not a Pokemon was in sight. It was in some of the deepest depths in a remote part of Kanto, nowhere near any civilization. This made it perfect if one was hiding away, especially in the nearby lake. That something turned out to be a Pokemon.

Some would say that this Pokemon is only a myth, but others knew better. Rarely seen but signs of its existence were everywhere. No one had even seen this Pokemon in over one hundred years. Only a strand of its fur was found after so long of searching. That was because this Pokemon had been asleep this whole time. Well, until now.

The pink Pokemon slowly opened its eyes. There were very few things that could cause it to awaken, but this was one of them. It sensed a great disturbance about to take place in the world, and the Pokemon knew it was involved. It needed to see what was going on and hopefully put a stop to it.

Forming a small pink bubble around itself, the Pokemon slowly rose to the surface of the water. As soon as that happened, it took off at the speed of sound, high into the sky.

"Mew," the Pokemon cried.

"Hey, guys," Ash called as he and Serena came back to the group once Ash had made his confession. He and Serena were holding hands which didn't go unnoticed by the rest of the group. Had it really happened?

Delia and Red had since stopped talking to Riley and were now standing out in the waiting room along the others. Serena's eyes widened in surprise when she saw her mother, Grace, was there, too. 2

"Mom?" Serena questioned.

"Oh, Serena! Thank goodness you're okay!" Grace cried as she ran forward to embrace her daughter. "You have no idea how worried I was when you had run off to the Viridian Gym!"

"I'm sorry, Mom," Serena replied as she let go of Ash's hand to return the hug. "I just couldn't let Ash go there by himself."

"Young lady! That was an incredibly reckless thing to do! You could have been killed, and then…" Grace continued hysterically until she felt a hand rest on her shoulder. She turned and saw it had been Ash's mom, Delia, who had done it.

"Your daughter was very brave to come help me when I was in trouble. I was disapproving of it as well when I saw them, but it's thanks to them that everything worked out in the end," Delia said while giving Grace a gentle smile.

"Heh, yeah. If it wasn't for them, we may not have been able to get rid of Team Rocket. Crazy kids," Blue mumbled.

Grace looked back and forth between the adults and other kids in the room. She realized that everyone was just as worried for their kids as she was when they left. Unlike the other adults, Grace was powerless to do anything. She had been a great Rhyhorn racer back in the day, but had not done any serious battling at all since Serena was born. Maybe that's why she had been more upset and worried than the others. As much as Grace didn't want to admit it, she believed that Serena's recklessness and crazy, rash decisions didn't come from being influenced by Ash alone. It had also come from her father. She was glad that she had run away with Serena when she did to the Kanto region.

Grace finally let out a sigh as she looked back down at her daughter. "Sweetie, I'm just glad that you're okay."

"I know, Mom. I'm sorry," Serena said again.

Grace should have known that Serena would do anything for Ash just like he would do for her. Those two really were close and this adventure had only gotten them closer. Wait, did that explain why the two were holding hands?