Chapter 27: The Silph Company Part Two

Brock, Misty, and the secretary were running through Saffron City as fast as they could. Despite the speed at which they were running, the police station was still on the other side of the city so it would still take them a while to get there. They just hoped they weren't too late and Ash, Serena, and Gary were okay. Were they even able to get inside the Silph Co. building?

As they were running to the police station, they happened to pass by the Saffron City gym. They came to a stop for a brief moment as a thought occurred to Brock.

"Hey guys. Do you think it would be a good idea to let the gym leader know of the situation?" Brock asked.

"I'm not sure that is such a good idea," the secretary warned. "The gym leader, Sabrina, is no doubt a very strong trainer, but she is also a very cold girl. It would be hard to get her to listen to reason."

"Even though the whole city is in danger?!" Misty exclaimed.

"It has nothing to do with her not wanting to care. The fact is she is emotionally unable to care," the secretary replied.

"What do you mean?" Brock asked.

"Sabrina is...I'll explain later. We have to continue to hurry to the police station," the secretary reminded.

The three then continued to run. As they left, Brock and Misty kept taking several glances back towards the gym, both wondering the same thing.

How could a gym leader be so cold and emotionless to not care about a major problem in her own city?

"Everything seems to be going okay so far. Everybody seems to be fooled by our disguises," Ash said as they continued through the large building that was Silph Co.

"Chu," Pikachu muttered as it poked its head a few inches out of Ash's backpack.

"You need to stay in the backpack, buddy. We don't need to draw unwanted attention to ourselves," Ash whispered.

"We are already halfway up the building. The Rockets have been surprisingly helpful in directing us to the upper floors when we need help," Gary mused.

"Is that too strange for you?" Serena asked.

"Yes. It is, in fact," Gary answered. "With the exception of that Proton guy, nobody is suspicious of us at all."

"We've learned from them that the experiments for the Master Ball are still being conducted on the eighth floor. Once we reach there, we should be able to obtain some valuable information about exactly what Team Rocket is trying to do with the Master Ball," Ash said.

"Well, we are on the seventh floor right now so it won't be too much longer. Hopefully, we will be able to surprise the Rockets and rescue the workers before heading to the top floor to rescue the president," Serena commented.

The group of three then headed up the stairs to the eighth floor. With exception of the fourth floor, all the floors had just been a maze of hallways and doors to the side. If what the Rockets had said were true, most of the workers were on the floor just above them. As they went of the stairs, the security camera was still watching everything they did.

Once the group entered the eighth floor, they were very surprised. It was certainly a large lab area like they had expected, and there were many workers tied up all over the big room with tape over their mouths. The strange part was there wasn't a single Rocket member in sight.