Chapter 6: The Battle Chateau of Viridian City

Serena was getting ready for bed. She had already brushed her teeth for the night and was coming out of the bathroom in her pajamas. She sat on the bed and sighed. Opposite of her was Misty who was already lying down in bed. They had decided to share a room together at the Pokemon Center in order not to take up too much open rooms in case other trainers came by. Ever since Misty and Serena shook hands and decided to travel together (and when Misty wasn't mentioning her bike), they got along pretty okay.

Misty got on her side and propped herself up with her elbow on her pillow. "So Serena, how long have you known Ash?" she asked.

"I've known him for about three years now," Serena replied. "We were at summer camp in Pallet Town. I had just moved to the area. I had fallen and hurt my leg during a scavenger hunt. He appeared and helped me by bandaging my leg and leading me by hand out of the forest. He completely dropped the scavenger hunt to make sure I was okay."

"That was nice of him," Misty said with a smile.

"Yeah. It was," Serena said smiling back. "He is definitely one of the kindest people I know. There aren't too many people out there who love people and Pokemon as much as he does."

"So are you two….boyfriend and girlfriend?" Misty asked curiously

Serena blushed heavily at the question "No. No. We aren't dating or anything," she said nervously.

Misty then got a sly look on her face. "But you like him, don't you?"

"Eheheheheh, yeah. I do," Serena said nervously while rubbing the back of her neck and sweat dropping.

Misty then replaced her mischievous look with one of curiosity again and asked. "Why don't you let him know that you like him? I mean, I'm assuming he doesn't know."

"It's simple, really," Serena said matter-of-factly. "Ash is the greatest person I've ever met. He's kind, generous, funny, and isn't afraid to protect those he cares about. I would hate for him to act weird around me if he knew I liked him and him not feel that way about me."

"I'm going out on a limb here, but from what I've seen, it seems that Ash cares a good deal about you also. He may like you. It's just he hasn't realized it yet. All it would take is a good push to get him to know his feelings for you. You will never know until you try."

"I know. I'm just not ready to tell him yet," Serena sighed.

Misty smiled sympathetically. "That's fine. You are still afraid of getting friend-zoned. That can be the worst place to be in when you have a crush on someone. Just tell him when you're ready."

"You sound like you speak from experience, Misty," Serena said.

"No way! I don't have a crush on anyone!" Misty suddenly said defensively.

"Alright. Alright. Sorry," Serena said waving her hands in front of her face.

"Well, I'm going to go ahead and get to sleep," Misty said as she turned over and put her head on the pillow.

"Yeah. I need to also. I didn't get much sleep last night," Serena yawned. She then pulled her legs over the bed and got underneath the covers. She was asleep in few minutes.