Chapter 21: Blackout in Celadon City Part One

"Oh, wow! It's Celadon City!" Misty squealed as she clasped her hands together.

"It's a lot bigger than I thought it was!" Serena exclaimed while her eyes sparkled.

"There is supposed to be a huge department store here with all sorts of things! I can't wait to check it out!" Misty squealed again.

"Me neither! There is also a really huge mansion here to visit! I can also compete at the Battle Chateau here!" Serena added.

The group had finally made it to another large city. Celadon City was the second largest city in Kanto after Saffron City. Since they have never been to Saffron City, the size of this one still blew them away.

A very large city had different meanings for each member of the group. For Ash, it just meant another place to earn his fourth gym badge. For Brock, it meant a nice break from cooking and cleaning since a  Pokemon Center could take care of all of those things, as well as a chance to see pretty girls, especially Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny. For Misty, it meant shopping and visiting the local attractions. Serena had mostly the same views as Misty except large cities also meant another chance at a Battle Chateau title.

The group was so excited about finally getting to another city that they didn't notice the water advisory posters around on various buildings and street poles.

"I think before we do anything that it would be best that we visit the  Pokemon Center here," Brock suggested.

"Yeah. Good idea," Ash agreed. He had learned not to just rush headfirst to the gym anymore since starting his journey. It was important to make sure that all of his  Pokemon were in top shape, especially his newly caught Krabby.

After training some with his Krabby, Ash had learned that Krabby was actually a very good battler as well. It was very skilled with its huge pincers and could handle many Grass-type attacks if its battle with Bulbasaur was any indication. Most Water-types would need to watch out for Grass-types, but not Krabby.

As the group made their way to the  Pokemon Center, they saw a red convertible speeding past them. As they watched it pass, Ash and Serena instantly recognized one of the faces in the car. It was none other than Gary Oak.

Upon seeing the two, Gary ordered the cheerleader driving the convertible to stop. He then got out of the car and approached the four and Pikachu.

"Yo, Ash. Serena," he greeted as he held up his right arm.

"Gary!? What are you doing here?!" Ash exclaimed.

"Isn't it obvious? I was here to win the Rainbow Badge from Erika, the gym leader here. Now that I've beaten her, I just got my fourth gym badge," Gary bragged as he showed Ash his case of four badges.

Ash gave a sigh. Gary always seemed to be one step ahead of him.

"How many badges have you collected so far?" Gary asked Ash as he put his badge case away.

"I've only gotten three," Ash mumbled.

"You have a lot of catching up to do, Ashy-boy!" Gary said with that arrogant smirk that Ash hated so much.

Ash's face turned an angry shade of red as Gary turned to Serena. "What about you, Serena? How have things been? I heard from Leaf that you were doing the Battle Chateau."