Chapter 31: The Ghosts of Lavender Town

The group was almost upon Lavender Town now. It was only a two day's walk from Saffron City so there wasn't a massive need to stock up on supplies before they left there. The trade off, however, was it was going to be a very long walk to Fuchsia City from Lavender Town. It will definitely take over a month so hopefully there were going to be a few small villages along the way, but they would cross that bridge once they get there. While they were in Lavender Town, Ash had a mission: to capture a ghost Pokemon.

"Ugh, this fog is really thick. Why does Lavender Town have to be so creepy," Misty muttered as they came into the town limits.

"Well, Lavender Town is known for the Pokemon Tower, the final resting place of Pokemon so naturally, it has a lot of urban legends surrounding this city," Brock responded.

"Really? Like what?" Ash asked curiously.

"They say that at the Pokemon Tower, there is really creepy, high-pitched music that plays in the upper floors that seemingly comes from nowhere. Only children can hear it. It can make the victims who hear it go completely insane or have suicidal thoughts," Brock said grimly.

"Th-That's really scary, Brock. Please don't say that. In case you forgot, we are children!" Misty shouted while she shivered from fear.

"Come on, Misty. You don't actually believe that, do you?" Ash asked dully.

"How do you know that it isn't true?" Misty retorted.

"That just sounds completely ridiculous. There is nothing scary waiting to kill us in Pokemon Tower," Ash said matter-of-factly.

"Pokemon Tower is just creepy in general. I've heard a rumors there are thieves in there, too" Serena muttered fearfully.

"Not you, too, Serena!" exclaimed Ash.

"Well, I mean…" Serena blushed while trying to find the words to say.

"Pikachu PikaPi Pikachu!" Pikachu suggested from Ash's backpack and wanting to change the subject.

"You said it buddy!" Ash smiled. "Let's stop at the Pokemon Center first before going to the Pokemon Tower."

"Welcome to our Pokemon Center!" Nurse Joy greeted warmly once the group entered.

"Nurse Joy!" Brock cried as he ran up to her and took her hands. "There have been rumors of ghosts and thieves in Pokemon Tower recently, but you are the best thief of all because you have captured my heart!"

"I…what?" Nurse Joy asked in complete confusion.

"I just wanted to let you know that…YEOWW!" Brock yelled out in pain as Misty grabbed him by the ear.

"I'm actually the best thief of all because I captured your ear and am taking it with me," she muttered in annoyance as she dragged Brock away.

"Not the ear again…please," Brock mumbled.

"Hey, Nurse Joy. What do think of all the rumors that surround Pokemon Tower? Are they really true?" Ash asked as he and Serena gave Nurse Joy their pokeballs and Pikachu.

"I didn't use think they were until recently," Nurse Joy replied.

"What happened that made you change your mind?" Ash inquired.