Chapter 5: Pokemon Emergency!

It was about six thirty in the evening right now. Ash and Serena had just arrived in Viridian City with Ash cradling Pikachu in his arms. As soon as they had entered the city limits, they broke out into a run for the nearest Pokemon Center. Ash was going for his Pikachu and Serena for her Charmander, Charla. They were in such a rush that they weren't paying attention to the announcements that were being made throughout the city.

"Everyone, be on your guard! There have been reports of Pokemon thieves in the city!" a female voice said throughout various intercoms in the city.

The female voice belonged to Officer Jenny. She was the main police officer of Viridian City. She had been working in the police force for fifteen years, and these thieves have been some of the most elusive she's ever had to try and catch. She was able to get a "Wanted" poster out for them, but their picture was a bad shot and really only got their silhouettes.

The thieves were said to be members of Team Rocket, the biggest crime organization in the Kanto region. Even the police force was constantly having trouble with Team Rocket. Team Rocket was said to be so dangerous that even if the police were able to find their main base, they would have an uphill battle trying to arrest them all.

Officer Jenny gave a sigh after giving the announcement in her booth. She just wished she could have some sort of lead to the crooks. It was then that she noticed two kids run by her booth. One was a raven haired boy carrying a Pikachu and the other was a girl with dark blonde hair. Judging by their bruises and how dirty their clothes were, she could tell they had been in some sort of trouble recently.

"Hold it!" Officer Jenny called after them. The two immediately stopped and turned around to face the police officer.

"Where do you two think you are going with that Pikachu" Officer Jenny asked as she approached them. It was the boy who answered.

"My Pikachu is seriously injured, and we need to take it to the Pokemon Center." he replied.

"Right, and we need to get my Charmander there, too," the girl pleaded.

Officer Jenny studied the two a moment before she determined they were telling her the truth. "I understand. Just let me see your IDs to prove you're trainers, and you can go," she said.

"Do you mean our pokedexes?" the boy asked as he pulled the pokedex out of his side pants pocket while the girl pulled hers from her backpack.

Officer Jenny took the devices and pushed a few buttons, and the robotic voices spoke up. They introduced the two trainers as Ash Ketchum and Serena Gabena to prove their story was genuine.

"Okay. Your story checks out," Officer Jenny nodded as she handed them back their pokedexes.

"Thanks," Ash replied before he addressed his previous concern. "Can you tell us where the Pokemon Center is?"

Officer Jenny smiled. "I'll do you one better. I'll take you two there myself!"

"Really?! Thank you so much!" Serena said gratefully.

"No problem!" Officer Jenny responded with a nod.

With that, Officer Jenny ran into the garage next to her booth, hopped on her motorcycle, and fired on the ignition. She then drove out and stopped right next to the two trainers. Luckily, the motorcycle had a sidecar that was big enough for two people.