Chapter 15: The Hidden Village

The group knew that it would still be a while before they reached Vermillion City. It was still a good three weeks away, in fact. With as long as they would be away from any major cities, it was times like this that the group was thankful to have Brock with them. Thanks to his abilities to read a map and cooking skills, everyone knew they were in good shape.

After they left Cerulean City behind them, the group had decided to have a nice rest after all that happened. They camped a few of days outside the city and used that time to just relax. They played games with their Pokemon, slept in, and just enjoyed the scenery and bonding time with their Pokemon.

The days to relax were over now, and it was time to start heading towards Vermillion City again despite the distance. The group figured since it was still a while before they would get there, it would be a prime time to catch some more Pokemon.

"Let's see, this forest doesn't seem to have anything interesting in it aside from some wild Pokemon if any of you are interested. I see no reason to stay here for any longer than necessary," Brock muttered as he read the map.

The rest of the group nodded as they continued to walk. While they were wandering through the forest, they noticed an Oddish cross their paths.

"Oh! It's an Oddish! Cool!" Ash said as he and Serena took out their pokedexes.

"Oddish, the Weed Pokemon. During the day, Oddish usually bury themselves underground to avoid the harsh sun and grows by absorbing moonlight," the pokedexes said.

"I think Oddish is so cute! Would you mind if I tried to capture it, Ash?" Serena asked.

"Be my guest!" Ash smiled.

"Alright! Jigglypuff! I choose you!" Serena called as she released the balloon Pokemon.

The Pokemon did a bow and pose once it came out of the pokeball. It really wasn't in the mood to battle. To the group's surprise, it began to sing. It had to practice, after all.

"Wait, Jigglypuff! This is no time to sing!" Serena called out frantically, causing the Pokemon to puff its cheeks in anger at her. "We promise we will listen to you later, but for now, I need you to help me capture that Oddish!"

Jigglypuff held its angry look for a second before it deflated itself and nodded. The group sighed in relief that they wouldn't be put to sleep for the moment. They had enough relaxation the past few days. Plus, there was the fact that Jigglypuff would draw on their faces.

Jigglypuff then went over to Oddish who watched it in confusion. Without warning, Jigglypuff reached over and pounded Oddish on its head. It then followed up with a Doubleslap attack. Jigglypuff figured the sooner Serena could capture the Oddish, the sooner it could perform.

"Jigglypuff! Wait for my orders!" Serena called, trying to get Jigglypuff's attention. Jigglypuff wasn't listening, though, as it continued to slap Oddish continuously.

The group groaned at Jigglypuff's antics. Yeah, Serena decided it could still definitely use some training. While Jigglypuff was fine most of the time, when it wasn't in the mood to do something, it was hard to get it to reason.

Oddish soon began to cry at the ruthless way Jigglypuff was treating it. It almost felt like it was being punished. All it was doing was walking on its way to get a drink of water. Not to mention, it wasn't feeling that well to begin with.