Chapter 11: The Song of JigglyPuff

It had been about two days since the group had left Pewter City and had their encounter with Paul. Ash had been quite upset the rest of the day but had made sure to not take it out on his friends. He had had a couple of days to cool down now and was back to his normal self. Currently, he was devouring his second bowl of the soup Brock had made for lunch. As Brock had told them, he was quite the cook. With all of the great food and chores that Brock had willingly done so far, Ash, Serena, and Misty wondered how they had survived the first week on their journey without him. He was certainly a welcome member to the team. Ash, Serena, and Misty were quite curious about the Nurse Joy incident for a while, but they had put it behind them by now.

The humans in the group weren't the only ones who were enjoying great food at the moment. Their Pokemon were as well. Due to Brock's knowledge on a Pokemon's tastes, he was able to make special Pokemon food for each of their own Pokemon. Being homemade, it was a much higher quality than what was found at the Pokemart. Brock had even made Pikachu some ketchup-flavored Pokemon food. This made Pikachu quickly warm up to Brock.

"Man, this food is great! You've done it again, Brock!" Ash praised as he finished his second bowl of soup. Serena and Misty nodded in agreement.

"Thanks, Ash. There is still some more if you want another helping. I'm pretty full now," Brock said.

"Awesome!" Ash exclaimed as he went over to refill his bowl from the big pot over the fire.

Admittedly, Ash didn't have the best table manners, but Serena, Misty, and Brock had gotten over it by now. At least Ash made sure there were never any leftovers so they didn't have to waste food.

Once Ash was back to the table and eating his third helping, Brock decided to take out the map and spread it on the table in the middle of the group. "Alright, according to this map, Mt. Moon isn't too far from here. We should be there by tomorrow afternoon," Brock told them.

As the group looked, they could sure enough see a large mountain in the distance.

"Isn't Mt. Moon supposed to have some mysterious Pokemon in it? I also remember that scientist guy at the museum saying there were Pokemon fossils in there," Serena stated.

"It has both," Brock nodded to confirm Serena's question. "It is also said to house the legendary Moonstone which is said to have mysterious powers."

"What kind of mysterious powers?" Ash asked as he took another spoonful of soup.

"Some Pokemon are said to respond to the power of the Moonstone once they come in contact with it and evolve, like the Nidoran family or a Jigglypuff," Brock answered.

"Wow, it sure would be neat to see the Moonstone," Ash said.

"Don't forget, Ash. It isn't like the Moonstone is everywhere. It's probably hidden deep in Mt. Moon and carefully protected by the Pokemon there. The few people that do manage to get a small piece of the Moonstone charge a lot of money for it," Misty told him.

"I know, but why is it so important that the Moonstone be protected?" Ash asked curiously.

Before the rest of the group was able to come up with a decent answer, they heard a rustling inside of the bushes.

The group stared at the bush until a Jigglypuff walked out. Jigglypuff was a small, pink, round Pokemon with very large, adorable eyes and short arms and feet sticking out from it. It also had a small, curly tuff on top of it. In short, it looked like a puffball with a face. It must have been attracted by the smell of Brock's cooking. Unfortunately, there wasn't any left for it.