The Road to be a Pokemon Master: Kanto Arc » Chapter 1: Pallet Town Summer Camp

Join Ash on his journey to be a  Pokemon Master. Accompanied by Serena, he will travel to many different regions on his quest to be the best and meet amazing friends and  Pokemon along the way. (AU features slightly more mature and smarter Ash. Amourshipping)

Intro

It was a warm, sunny day in Pallet Town. There was not a cloud in the sky. It was the perfect day for summer camp. Kids were standing side-by-side in a line, all eager for the next activity. The said activity was going to be a scavenger hunt. It was one of the most anticipated activities at Pallet Town Summer Camp.

A young, raven-haired boy with brown eyes at seven years old was among the most eager of the group. His name was Ash Ketchum. Ash was a very kind, if not a little stubborn, boy. He loved to explore and go out on adventures, which is why he loved scavenger hunts. He always made sure to put his friends and family before anything else. His dream was to become a Pokemon Master. When he turned ten, he was going to set out on his journey and win every badge in the Kanto region, and then win the Pokemon League. Next, he would conquer other regions and challenge the Elite Four, the best trainers in the world, of each region. He was determined to become a legend.

Another boy in the group stood slightly taller than Ash and had his mouth curled into a smirk. His name was Gary Oak. He also had brown eyes and large, spiky brown hair that went out all over. His grandfather was the famous Pokemon professor of the Kanto region and was considered the authority on Pokemon. Because of this, Gary had grown to have a very arrogant attitude and loved showing off in front of the other kids, particularly Ash Ketchum. . They had been rivals for a very long time and were always competing. Like Ash, Gary's dream was to be a Pokemon Master as soon as he became of age. He wanted to destroy any other trainer that crossed his path and gain even more fame than his grandfather.

There was also a girl who was very excited for the activity. Her name was Leaf Green. She had brown eyes and long, chestnut-colored hair that went down her back. Leaf was a very energetic and bubbly girl who enjoyed making friends with everyone, Pokemon and people alike. Because of this, she was one of the most well-liked kids in Pallet Town. Despite this, she could sometimes be a loudmouth. She and Ash were good friends and enjoyed exploring and playing together. She even managed to get along with the arrogant Gary Oak sometimes, though they weren't as close as she and Ash were. Unlike Ash and Gary, however, she didn't have any interest in being the greatest Pokemon Master. Her love of Pokemon and exploration inspired her to instead fill up the pokedex and gain information on every kind of Pokemon there is.

However there was also one girl in the group who wasn't very excited for the hunt. Her name was Serena Gabena. She had blue eyes and shoulder-length, honey-colored hair, though most of it was covered by the straw hat she was wearing. She was new to Pallet Town and had moved there just a few weeks ago. Her mother had sent her to camp in the hope that she could make some friends there, but Serena was too shy to talk to anybody. Leaf had attempted to start a conversation a few times, but even she couldn't get much response from Serena. Unlike Ash, Gary, and Leaf, Serena didn't have a clear goal in mind. Her mother had been a famous Rhyhorn Racer but was now retired. It only took Serena a few times on her mother's Rhyhorn to decide she didn't want to follow in her mother's footsteps. She was always getting thrown off the first few seconds. So what could she do with her life?