LXVII (HAZEL)

It's been two weeks

It's been two weeks. 

I'm slowly healing, but my heart still aches for their touch. 

For their eyes to roam my body whilst they compliement me, evaporating all my insecurities with their poetic words. 

Bea has helped me a lot, distracting me from them by showing me the sights of New York and keeping me company on my bad days. 

There have been a few days where I haven't been able to get to bed, the familiar feeling of depression creeping into me. Sean tries his best to pull me out of it but gives up, eventually calling Bea to come over and sit with me. 

I know he's informing them of my every move, but I'm trying not to care or lash out at him. He's only doing his job and I need to stop thinking about them, even if they can't stop thinking about me. 

Although yesterday was a bad day, I'm feeling much brighter today. Leaning against the kitchen island, I sip my coffee as I compliment myself for my choice of outfit. I chose a grey ribbed co-ord, made up of a maxi skirt with a slit up one side and a cropped tee. I've accessorised it with some silver jewellery and styled my hair in loose curls that fall down my shoulders.  

Bea told me we were going for brunch, so I'm patiently waiting for her late ass to hurry up to the apartment. 

"Morning, Haze," Sean greets me with a smile. I hand him a cup of coffee which he takes eagerly, wiping the sleep from his eyes. 

Although he can't pull me out of my depression pits, we have really bonded over the past few weeks and I would actually call him a friend. 

If I ignore the fact that he's ratting me out to my bosses. 

"Are you going to ask her out yet?" I ask him eagerly as he takes a seat on one of the barstools. 

"Too fucking early for this shit," he groans, putting his head down and shaking it. 

"Bro, she's been waiting two weeks for you to ask her. Don't think I haven't noticed you looking at her when she's not looking," I tease as I take another sip of my coffee. 

He rolls his eyes at me, declining to answer. 

Luckily, he's saved by a knock at the door. I watch as his back instantly straightens and he watches me nervously as I walk towards it. I wave him off, dismissing his nerves as I reach for the handle. 

"Bambolotta-"

I slam the door and press my body weight against it. 

My heart starts beating too fast for my body to keep up with. My eyes close to stop the tears falling and I sink to the floor, letting my legs give out. 

Why is he here?

After two weeks?

They push me away then just as I am untangling myself from their web, they pull me back in. 

"Nope, not doing this," I stand up, walking straight to the bedroom and slamming the door. I give  Sean a glare as he stares at me sympathetically. 

He must have known Atlas was coming here. 

And he said nothing. 

I hear the front door open but I try to block it out. I walk into the bathroom and turn on the shower, curling up in a ball under the sink. The stream of water running helps me steady my breathing whilst also giving me the impression I am showering. 

I wrap my arms around my knees, hugging my legs close to my chest as I focus on my breathing. I take deep breaths, making sure I am only concentrating on the water hitting the drain. 

"Baby, please" I hear Atlas knock on the door, making me clench my eyes shut more. 

I don't answer him, hoping he will get the message but he doesn't.

"Bambolotta, I need to talk to you. Please open the door," he pleads and I hear his voice break but I try to ignore it. 

My phone pings and I check it, smiling slightly when I see Bea's message saying she's here. 

Turning off the shower, I stand up, my legs shaky, and check my makeup in the mirror before unlocking the door. 

I push past Atlas and try to ignore his dishevelled suit and messy black hair which makes him look so irresistible. 

"Bambolotta, please," he holds onto my arm and I flinch at the electricity when his skin touches mine. 

"Don't call me that," I wrench my arm away and walk out of the bedroom, linking my arm with a confused looking Bea and heading to the elevator. 

I hear Atlas say something to Sean who then follows us into the lift, staying silent and solemn as we ride down to the ground floor. 

I don't speak until we reach a cute cafe, taking a table out front. We order quickly and as soon as the waiter disappears, Bea looks at me impatiently. 

"Who was that fucking hot Italian man trying to talk to you back at your apartment?" she asks me, placing her chin on her waiting hand with her elbow resting on the table.

I roll my eyes at the mention of Atlas. 

"He's... well it's complicated. I guess it's safe to say for now that he's my boss," I sigh, taking a sip of the iced coffee the waiter brought over. 

"Sureeeee," she side eyes me, looking to Sean for confirmation but he stands a few metres away, his face serious underneath his sunglasses. 

"I'm serious. We were kind of dating but then it got too messy so..." I trail off, looking nervously at Sean as I know he will feed this back to Atlas and the others. 

Luckily, she takes the hint I don't want to talk about it and changed the subject. Somehow, the Southern Belle manages to make me smile despite the rough start to the morning, and I even manage to eat some pancakes without my anxiety interfering. 

Just as we are about to pay, my phone pings and I pull it out, my face growing pale as I read the message. 

Unknown: I can see you, Hazy. 

I think this is the fourth chapter I've written tonight but I'm going through something in my personal life right now so want to escape through my writing

Love you all <3