XXXIII (ANDROS)

To my new American bestie ~ @red13570 (who wouldn't stop messaging me whilst I was writing this btw *eyerolls*)

She's perfect.

As she lays in between Atlas and I, I cannot help but smile down at her as she sleeps. 

She moves slightly, scrunching up her nose as she lets out a sigh and presses her face further into my chest. Her leg is flung over mine and Atlas is close behind her, hugging her back. 

It's crazy how she's weaved her way into our lives, to the point that we feel an emptiness when she's not around. Her little body storming into Atlas's office and standing up to them all. 

God, I wish I could have been there.

When I met her in the bar for the first time, the effect she had on me was instant. I haven't been able to even look at another girl since. 

I only have eyes for her. 

My phone buzzes and I have to hold back an instinctive groan at the sound. 

Careful not to wake her up, I shift Hazel so that she is now resting on Atlas and I climb out of bed. 

Once the door to her room is safely closed, I unlock my phone and roll my eyes, seeing an alert for a server breakdown at one of the warehouses. I roll my eyes, feeling frustration that I have been dragged out of bed with my angel just to fix a technical issue. 

I quickly get changed into black suit trousers and a black shirt, unbuttoned slightly at the top. I attempt to tame my hair before heading out the door and getting into my car. 

Well, one of my cars.

I drive the slate grey Lamborghini Urus to the warehouse I received the alert from. It's about a thirty minute drive from the house and I am already thoroughly bored by the time I reach my destination. 

I park it in front of the large steel garage door and head up to the server room. It's covered in screens and cables. 

You wouldn't expect a mafia to need a tech guy like me, but I have my uses... and this isn't the main part of my job. 

There are a few people stood around the host computer but I nod for them to leave. I prefer to work alone, without anyone nagging in my ear or asking questions. 

I log into the server computer and begin trying to fix the problem. After a few minutes of vigorous typing, I get close to solving it when I suddenly start coughing. The hairs on the back of my neck stand and my body goes into high alert. 

I look up from the screen and see a mostly transparent smoke starting to fill the room.

Fuck. Fuck. FUCK!

I instantly stand from the chair and rush to the door, trying to open it but failing. 

FUCK!

Trying to hold my breath, I close my eyes and pull out my phone, dialling the most recent number I called as I start to feel light-headed. I hear Dawson's sleep-ridden voice through the speakers but I'm too weak to answer him.