LXIV (HAZEL)

"Seanie boy, can you tell the four Italian idiots that I know your feeding information to that I'm just not hungry," I yell to my bodyguard as I push away the large portion of fruit, yogurt and granola he gave me

I know he's been telling them I'm not eating, but I'm just not hungry anymore. 

The hunger has been replaced with pain, but I'm not going to let them know that. 

Denial is a river in Egypt. 

I head Sean mutter something in Italian on the phone and roll his eyes at me as I stand up from the table, sauntering to the TV. 

I throw myself onto the sofa, grabbing the remote and searching for the British TV channels. 

Fuck, I miss England. 

Settling on the classic of Downton Abbey, I watch lazily as the women parade around on the screen. They look so glamorous in long dresses whilst I'm wearing grey joggers and a black oversized hoodie that is definitely stained with bleach. 

I fight the urge to eavesdrop as Sean leaves the room, still on the phone. He gives me a cautious look before shutting the door and I know he's probably being yelled at. 

I look down at my hands, inspecting the bitten to death nails. 

Fuck this. 

Switching the TV off, I walk into the large master bedroom that has floor to ceiling windows showcasing views of Central Park and the rest of the New York skyline. 

My suitcase is thrown in the corner of the room and I go to rummage around in it, pulling out a pair of black running leggings and a cute green hoodie. 

Putting them on, I braid my hair into two plaits, ignoring the greasy state. 

Looking in the mirror at my appearance, I notice my hair looking even darker against my pale skin. 

I let out a sigh as the pang in my heart returns, making me want to climb in bed again. 

No, Hazel. 

No man, or men, are going to bring you down. 

I grab my black converse, lacing them up before heading towards the front door. 

"Sì, devo andare...ciao," Sean says as he begins walking towards me, waiting for the person to say something before hanging up the phone and peering down at me. ( "Yes, I've got to go... bye" )

I give him my best innocent smile as I flutter my eyelashes up at him, making the man grit his teeth in apprehension. 

"Seanie, let's go get our nails done," I smile at him, making him frown. 

"Our?" he grunts, raising an eyebrow at me. 

I roll my eyes before turning to open the door. 

"Fine, mine then. Let's go," I say as I swing the door open and walk towards the lift. 

He insists on taking the SUV to a nail salon I found on maps, which is literally only a ten minute walk. 

Deciding to pick my battles, I let him win this one and comply. 

"Hi, can I get my nails done-" I say as soon as we walk into a pink nail salon, only to be interrupted by a woman running towards me. I take a step back instinctively but relax slightly when I see her excited face. 

"Oh my god, you're English!" she squeals, pulling me instantly into a hug. Reluctantly, I hug her back, letting out a small breath when she releases me. 

I take a second to analyse her perfect black braids that lead to lilac extensions, trailing down her back. Her dark skin sparkles under the overhead lights, showcasing her impeccable makeup and bright blue eyes. 

Okay, she's gorgeous. 

"Come to my station. I just had a cancellation and I'm dying to do your nails so you can tell me lots of British things," she grabs my hands, pulling me to a white table and chairs. 

I sit down, trying to control my hands as they start to shake. She gives me a comforting smile as she starts to file away at my nails, relaxing me instantly. 

"Gina, go get this beautiful girl a coffee," she looks behind me, "And that man too," she points to Sean who is sitting on a waiting chair. 

She mouths a 'wow' to me and I struggle to suppress my laugh. 

Awww, someone has a crush on Seanie. 

"So fill me in girl, what's your name, where are you from?" she crosses her legs as she files away. I take a sip of my coffee, feeling myself relax into the chair as the taste of the espresso and steamed milk hits my tastebuds.

"I'm Hazel, from England and I guess I'm here for a... holiday" I mentally cringe as the words escape my lips. 

"That's such a pretty name. I'm Beatrice but everyone calls me Bea," she starts to apply extensions. 

I instruct her on what I want and she begins working away at the extensions, applying the acrylic before setting my nails under the UV lamp. 

I can't remember the last time I laughed so much as she tells me funny stories of her exes and her friends. By the time she is painting my now oval nails lilac, I'm crying with laughter. 

"What's his deal?" She nods behind me and I turn round slightly to see Sean looking bored out of his mind, arms crossed and eyebrows pinched together as he looks around the room for threats. 

"That's Sean," I answer as I turn my head back to Bea, "I think he's single, but I can ask if you want?" I wiggle my eyebrows at her suggestively. 

"Is he English, too?" she asks, her eyes filled with hope as she paints a small white heart on my ring fingers. 

"Italian," I frown as I remember the four Italian men that I've been trying to forget about. 

"Close enough," she finishes my nails and I look at them in awe. 

"Listen, babe. You're all done but give me your number and we can hang out whilst you're here," she grabs my phone after I unlock it and enters her number, sending herself a text so she has mine. 

"Sure, I'll make sure Sean is there too," I smile at her, hiding the fact that he has to come with me everywhere. 

"See you later, girl" she waves at me and I wave back, heading towards the SUV with the first genuine smile I've had since I met the guys that wasn't a result of them.

I LIKE BEA!

Although I've never met @Hellsmaster , I feel like her personality is based off you <3

Love you all <3