XXI (HAZEL)

Ouch

Ouch.

God, my head is banging. 

I open my eyes but close them at the brightness of the sun creeping in through the windows. 

Why the fuck didn't I shut the curtains??

Grabbing a pair of sunglasses from my bag near my bed, I get up, not bothering to change out of the khaki cami pyjama shorts set I put on yesterday. I glance in the mirror and almost laugh at the sight of me. My hair is frizzy and curly so I scrape it into a messy bun but decide to keep my glasses on.

I need migraine meds. 

Walking downstairs, I hear giggles in the kitchen and roll my eyes before wincing at the pain of the action. When I walk into the kitchen, they all look over at me, two of them with amusement in their eyes and two with glares. It's the same girls from last night.

"Don't mind me I'm just getting med-" I start but am rudely interrupted by the blonde glaring daggers at me.

"Are you their roommate or something?" she snaps at me as I walk to the fridge to grab a bottle of water.

"Yeah, I guess. Though I'm leaving today," I say as I search the cupboards for medication. A happy smile spreads across all of their faces. They must be their girlfriends or something. I know I wouldn't be happy if my boyfriend randomly had a woman living with him. 

When I finally find some migraine tablets, I pop two out and swallow them down with water, unintentionally listening to the four women's conversations.

"His bed was so comfy, oh my god," the blonde says to the others.

"I know... and did you see Dawson in that suit," the auburn haired one fans herself dramatically.

I roll my eyes and wince again. 

"Well Theo couldn't wait to get me home, let me tell you," the one with the perfect body said. 

Ouch, that one hurt.

I grab my water and walk out as they talk about the guys. I look around but don't hear them anywhere so decide to sit in the library. 

It seems like the safest option right now. It's out of the way and the lights are adjustable. I turn them down to a very soft light and grab the copy of Jane Eyre I have been reading as I curl up on the sofa. I pick up a blanket and wrap it around me as I snuggle into the sofa and start reading. o

My eyes begin to droop not long after I start reading and I find myself dozing off. 

Shit, the tablets must have been drowsy.

Not being able to fight it any longer, I fall asleep. 

...

"You ungrateful child, get back here NOW" he screams as I run for my life.