Chapter 33

Jack and Rusty were in Jack's room. The entire time, Rusty was blushing the entire time while Jack was talking to him. Jack noticed, but did not want to say anything right now.

Jack: So, do you need help with a project or anything like that?

Rusty: Well, I do need help with some math.

Jack: Seriously? What kind of math? Addition? Subtraction?

Rusty: Addition.

Jack looked at Rusty and Rusty still blushed in embarrassment.

Jack: Do you really need my help?

Rusty: Yeah. I'm sorry if I'm dumb.

Jack: Oh no. I don't think that.

Rusty: Really?

Jack then sat down next to Rusty and patted his head.

Jack: I think you are a smart guy. We just need to unlock that.

Jack then booped Rusty's nose and smiled. Rusty looked away and blushed even more. Jack got up and grabbed Rusty's backpack.

Jack unzipped it and reached in. He grabbed two pieces of paper without Rusty realizing. He put the math homework on the table and looked at the second paper.

Jack: Oh. I guess you like me that badly.

Jack turned around and showed Rusty the paper. It was the art that Autumn was talking about. Rusty covered his eyes and Jack walked towards him.

Jack: Wow. Autumn was not lying when was talking about this. Is this really your fantasy? Do you really want me to go to town on you?

Rusty: Yes. Please put that back.

Jack: Oh. Is it because I'm embarrassing you?

Rusty blushed even more and Jack walked towards him. He sat next to him and patted his shoulder.

Jack: Sorry about that. I just didn't think you like me like that.

Rusty: It's okay.

Rusty uncovered his eyes and he had stopped blushing.

Jack: By the way, I knew you were blushing earlier. I didn't want to say anything until now.

Rusty blushed a little and Jack chuckled.

Jack: To be honest, you look cute while you blush.

Rusty: Thanks.

Jack smiled and patted his shoulder. Rusty hugged Jack and he hugged back.

Jack: You are just so adorable.

Rusty: You are handsome.

Jack: Thank you.

Rusty: Look, I'm sorry about how you got your curse.

Jack: It's okay. I do know that I don't have it and my immortality anymore. Thank God that I can have a normal life.

Rusty: Maybe thanking the spirit that removed both the curse and immortality did that.

Orion: He's right. Although, you did thank me before. So, there's no need to do it again.

Rusty saw Orion before his eyes and hugged Jack in fear.

Orion: Calm down Rusty. I won't hurt you. I'm the spirit that gave Jack a new life.

Rusty calmed down and stopped hugging Jack.

Rusty: You're the spirit Jack talked about to me and Autumn?

Orion: Yes. My name is Orion. I don't need to your name because I already do. You are Rusty.

Rusty: It's nice to meet you.

Orion: It's nice to meet you too. I looked into your past and I felt bad for you. But now, here you are. The man you bullied is with you. Sorry to bring up who your former self was.

Rusty: It's okay. I understand how rude and mean I was. But, that's all gone now. With Jack, I can be who I really am. I can be a nice guy who has someone that has the same feelings.

Orion: That must be nice. Getting along with someone you know you can share your pain to.

Jack: You never had someone like that in your life?

Orion: I did, but I'm dead now.

Jack: Right. Sorry.

Orion: There's no need to apologize. I did live a life where I eventually became a hero.

Rusty: What do you mean?

Orion: I used to be the great villain in Safe Haven, but I risked my life to save someone. Now, I'm paying the price by being a spirit. I won't be able to possess Jack, but that doesn't mean I'm not there. Ain't that right Jack?

Jack: You're right. He can't take control of my body. All he can do is see what I see and listen to what I hear. He's basically living inside of me rent free.

Orion: Pretty much. So, are you gonna help Rusty with his homework?

Jack: Oh. Forgot about that.

Jack went to his table and sat down.

Orion: Promise you won't hurt him anymore.

Rusty: I won't. You have my word.

Orion went back in Jack's body and Rusty sat back down on the bed.