Chapter 25

Lunch had ended and Autumn, Rusty, and Jack were heading to their last class. While walking, they were talking to each other.

Jack: So, do you guys have anything planned when we leave the drama theatre?

Autumn: I promised Rusty I would help him with his homework.

Jack: You can do it on your own Rusty?

Rusty: I was held back a year. I'm not the smartest in the academy.

Jack: I know you're not the smartest. At least Autumn is helping you with that.

Autumn: What about you Jack?

Jack: Hopefully not much. I do have to apologize to my mom.

Rusty: For what reason?

Jack: I found out she asked Lucifer to make me unable to die. I guess my immortality was part of my curse.

Rusty hugged Jack and he looked at him.

Rusty: I'm sorry that she did that to you.

Jack: It's not your fault.

Autumn: She really did that to you?

Jack: Yeah, but there's no need to worry now. I don't have the curse or my immortality anymore.

Autumn: That's good. Honestly, you deserve to be freed from it.

Rusty: Wait, how long have you had the curse?

Jack: I'd say 17 years.

Rusty: I feel bad that you had to suffer that long. But, I'm glad that curse is long gone.

Jack: I am too.

Autumn: I don't want to bother you about this, but I'm surprised you would apologize to your mom after you found she was responsible for your curse.

Jack: She's my mom. I can't be mad at her forever. I would eventually have to forgive her.

Rusty: Can we switch to another topic?

Jack: Sorry. We got carried away.

Rusty: It's fine.

Autumn: Well, I'd love to chat, but my class is ahead. See you guys in the drama theatre.

Jack: See ya Autumn. Good thing our classes are close by.

Rusty: Yeah. There's my class, so I guess il see you at the drama theatre after school. See ya Jack.

Jack: See ya.

Jack walked in his class which was next to Rusty's class. Zill saw Jack while he was headed to his seat. Jack sat down and Zill put his arm on his shoulders.

Zill: Hey Jack. How were your other classes?

Jack: Normal for the most part.

Zill: Just like every school day.

Jack: Kayla hasn't arrived yet?

Zill: Not yet. Her stuff isn't here.

Just then, Kayla arrived in the class and saw Jack.

Jack: She's gonna hate me after after what happened yesterday.

Zill: I'm sure she won't.

Kayla say down at her seat and put her stuff down.

Kayla: Hi Jack.

Jack: Hi Kayla.

Zill: It's funny. I was telling Jack you weren't here, but now you're here.

Jack: It's like you heard that from where you were.

Zill: Oh yeah. Jack did say he thought you'd hate after what happened yesterday.

Kayla: Why would I? You've just had a bad day is all.

Jack: So, there's no point in apologizing.

Kayla: There no need to do that.

Jack: I almost forgot to mention something. Rusty and Autumn are gonna visit the drama theatre after school today.

Zill: Really now?

Kayla: Rusty's gonna be there?

Jack: I know how you feel about him. But he's changed for the better.

Zill: You don't know about this Kayla, but Jack and Rusty are dating.

Jack: You just had to tell her didn't you?

Kayla: I don't know what to say. Are you sure he's a better person?

Jack: I promise you he is. Autumn said Rusty even so far as to draw me and him together in a drawpad he has. He did him say Rusty had good drawing skills.

Zill: That's interesting. What else did Autumn say?

Jack: That's actually all that Autumn said.

Zill: You said that they will be at the drama theatre after school today?

Jack: Yeah. Maybe they'll want to have a conversation with me or something. I don't know, but they'll be there.

Zill: Yeah. Hopefully, Rusty and Autumn won't have an argument in there. We've had that happen more than enough.

Jack: Oh, believe me when I say this. They both have gotten along very well. It was just Rusty's past that caused him to be who he was before.

Zill: How bad was it?

Jack: Rusty's parents were homophobic before he become Autumn's adopted brother. Autumns parents and him acceptes him for being gay.

Kayla: I'm glad he's being raised with people that accept him for who he is.

Zill: I am too.